PDA

View Full Version : Pushchairs

littleones
05-04-2012, 03:38 PM
heres the situation
I have a 20month old son, he likes walking but can't walk very far and needs rains so when we walk a long way (quite often) he goes in the pushchair
I have a 15 month old mindee who has only just started walking so needs the pushchair most of the time as parents don't want her to crawl at all outside
I have a prospective parent coming to see me after Easter, to start in June (child will be 9months)
If they decided to go with me I would have 3 that needed a pushchair, (I'm hoping to get a car by then so it wouldn't be an issue as my son could walk from car to place, from place to car etc) however if we can't get a car then I will need something
I don't really want a triple buggy as its hard enough getting to the shops in a double, so I was wondering your opinions, what you you get and what are the options out there? I have considered a lot but want to make sure I thought about them all before I get anything (if the parent chooses me)
Thanks
Lauren

stargazer1
05-04-2012, 04:55 PM
What about something like this?

http://www.childsplaysussex.co.uk/litaf-seat-to-go-buggy-hitchhiker-buggy-step-buggy-board-10656-0.html

More substantial than a normal buggy board for smaller ones as it has a seat too but he could stand if he wanted to x

blue bear
05-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I have a phil and ted with buggy pod

funemnx
05-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I have a buggypod but also for 20 m a buggy board that has a seat would be fine?

onceinabluemoon
05-04-2012, 05:58 PM
I've got an ABC (adventure buggy company) everest triple. Its a fairly narrow double with a seat on top. No harder to push than a normal twin and a huge amount of storage. Blooming expensive and not available new in uK but often on feebay.

gigglinggoblin
05-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I use an ergo back carrier, can easily carry a nine month old. I could still use it for my son when he was 4 except he didnt like being in it then as he was 'too big'. I also have a buggy board which works great and all the kids fight to get a turn. I wouldnt depend on the car for everything imo, you miss out on so much!

SandCastles
05-04-2012, 08:42 PM
When I looked after 3 lo - I had double buggy with buggy board, and I would rotate them all so they either had front seat, back seat or board when we set off, then we would stop half way and swap round. If the weather was windy or cold then we would go in the car.

Shar
06-04-2012, 07:40 AM
I use a p&t with a buggy pod. It works well for me and means I only need one pushchair to store. :thumbsup: