PDA

View Full Version : There's good news and there's bad news!!!

manjay
31-05-2008, 12:45 PM
The good news - My new family turned up to sign contracts and I start on Monday. I will now be working full time:eek: It was only the 3rd one I had done and I was dead chuffed with myself at how professional and strong I was. Thanks to you guys of course

The bad news - My inspection paperwork turned up in the post this morning:eek: :eek: :eek: I have 30 days to complete and return it. They then have 3 months in which to perform an unannounced inspection. That is potentially 4 months of worry. I will be needing very frequent hair colouring sessions to keep the grey away:laughing:

berkschick
31-05-2008, 12:53 PM
:clapping: Congrats on the contract signing Amanda!

Wow, 3 months is a long time to be waiting for an unannounced visit.

You will be fine though, dont panic!

Spangles
31-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Good news for your new contract and working full-time!

I hope they come out to you for your inspection quickly rather than make you wait too long. What a nightmare!

Banana
31-05-2008, 01:07 PM
well done on the contract!!!

brilliant!

good luck for the spot inspection

x

carolinel
31-05-2008, 01:22 PM
don't worry you'll be fine.

well done on the full timer!!

karenjoy
31-05-2008, 01:38 PM
What do you mean unannouced visit, did not think they could do that!!!

mrsbumbles
31-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Well done filling you spaces :thumbsup:

Good luck with your inspection, i hope they dont keep you waiting too long :) :)

ajs
31-05-2008, 02:50 PM
What do you mean unannouced visit, did not think they could do that!!!

it's not ofsted it's the care commission(i think?) in wales

so don't worry

you 'll be fine amanda but :eek: 4 months to wait

charleyfarley
31-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Well done on the new contracts :clapping: :clapping: Thats great news

Lets hope they inspect you at the beginning of the 3 months.

You will be fine though

Carol xx

emler
31-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Well done for getting the contract :clapping: that's great news. As for the inspection................. 4 months :eek: Fingers crossed they turn up sooner rather than later, then you can relax.
I'm sure you will be absolutely fine - you've just said how professional you were today so you should have no worries

Emler x

flora
31-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Wel done on the new child :clapping:

And four months....... that will breeze by.

Good luck and knock the inspector dead ( not literally, you don't need any more hassles :D )

miffy
31-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Congratulations on the new contract

Shame about your inspection - fancy getting the paperwork on a Saturday - it's like they are trying to spoil your weekend :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll be fine though whenever they come

miffy xx

manjay
31-05-2008, 06:29 PM
I am inspected by Care and Social Services Inspectorate for Wales (bit of a mouthfull). They send you a self evaluation form and questionnaires for parents. These have to returned within 30 days and then from the day they are returned the CSSIW will make an unannounced visit within 3 months. Even worse is that we have to complete paperwork for both of us as dh is registered too.

Not too worried actually. She did a spot check on us about 3 months ago to check we had done the things she asked for on our pre reg. just a bit more important this time. If I do get pulled up on something it will be something stupid that I have forgotten to do on the day as she has already told me my paperwork is spot on. Just need to persuade the parents to complete the questionnaire for me now.

Will keep you posted

miffy
31-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I hope it's sooner rather than later then if you want to get it over and done with :)

At least hubby will know what you're going through :laughing:

miffy xx

chez1373
31-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Didnt want to read and when its good news....

Nice one and dont worry your inspection will be fine xx

jaja
31-05-2008, 09:26 PM
congrats on new child and being full, and good luck with your inspection. Hope everything goes ok xxxx

angeldelight
01-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Good luck wth the inspection and well done on getting the new contract

Angel xx

karenjoy
01-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Well done xxx