PDA

View Full Version : little bossy boots

samkeddy
05-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Hi,
i love my dd alot and she is very bright, kind and generally good natured but i have noticied she is getting very bossy in play, she tends to tell the other children what they need to do alot, it used to be quite cute and i'd think she'll be a director when shes older lol. But im scared its becoming too much, i dont want her losing freinds, does anyone have any tips in dealing with this behaviour? shes 4? i dont know how to approach as she isnt being naughty and i dont want to knock her confidence

TIA
sam x

EmmaReed84
05-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Funny you should ask this. I was on a course recently and they used a child who was classed as "bossy" as an example and said, flip that around and instead of it being a nagative it could be "Child has confidence in giving direction and instruction" Depending on what the child was playing.

Then to move on from there. Then instead of telling child to "not be bossy" it could be "Well let's what what X wants to do/play with" "Shall we ask X how she/he wants to play"

This has come from my course and I have yet the need to put this into practice lol

samkeddy
05-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Right ill give it a go, thankyou:D

Bridey
05-04-2012, 09:31 AM
I have a 4 year old girl here who likes to take charge of everything - much to the bemusement of the very kind and patient gang of 8 year old boys who come here! I just keep suggesting to her that why doesn't she wait and look and see what they are playing and then ask if she can join in with THEIR game and they will show her how to play it. The boys are very sweet with her and when it gets to much they do what all males do when nagged ... just pretend they can't hear her! :laughing: