PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared!!!

SonnysMummy
31-05-2008, 12:19 PM
As someone in the process of registering as a childminder i just thought i'd take a peek at this part of the forum to look at what i have to come...NOW I AM SCARED!!! I really don't know how the heck i will ever get my mind around this tax thing!!!

Kelly:)

mrsb
31-05-2008, 03:07 PM
It's really not as scarey or had as it looks :)
TRY and keep your accounts book up to date and keep every receipt even if it is under £10 because you'll have a record of what you've spent and when ;)

ajs
31-05-2008, 03:11 PM
or just panic which is what i do

sorry not much help i know. but i hate the paperwork side of it and i am useless at keeping it up to date.
despite every year thinking thast i will be better this year it never happens

brillminder
31-05-2008, 06:07 PM
dont worry just write stuff down :)

miffy
31-05-2008, 06:29 PM
It's really not as scarey or had as it looks :)
TRY and keep your accounts book up to date and keep every receipt even if it is under £10 because you'll have a record of what you've spent and when ;)

Good advice but sorry I'm more like mandy :laughing:

miffy xx

manjay
31-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Try not to worry about it. Easy to say I know but it is really not that bad. I would just say keep everything and keep on top of it. Everyone finds a way that works well for them. Some use the NCMA accounts book, others get an accountant to do it, personally I use an excel spreadsheet package for childminders. I find it really easy as I only put in my income and expenditure and it works the rest out for me.

You will soon get the hang of it and the HMRC are usually really helpful if you get stuck

mrsb
31-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Good advice but sorry I'm more like mandy :laughing:

miffy xx

I'm more like Mandy too, but I tell myself my own advice every april :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
31-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm more like Mandy too, but I tell myself my own advice every april :laughing: :laughing:

You are not alone - I promise myself every year that the next year I will keep everything up to date blah blah blah

Only problem is - I just don't listen:laughing:

miffy xx

mrsb
31-05-2008, 07:01 PM
You are not alone - I promise myself every year that the next year I will keep everything up to date blah blah blah

Only problem is - I just don't listen:laughing:

miffy xx

I've actually managed to keep my accounts up to date so far:eek: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
31-05-2008, 07:02 PM
As someone in the process of registering as a childminder i just thought i'd take a peek at this part of the forum to look at what i have to come...NOW I AM SCARED!!! I really don't know how the heck i will ever get my mind around this tax thing!!!

Kelly:)
your not the only one !!!!!!!!x:thumbsup:

miffy
31-05-2008, 07:07 PM
I've actually managed to keep my accounts up to date so far:eek: :laughing:

Show off!!!! ;)

Don't rub it in :laughing:

miffy xx

mrsb
31-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Show off!!!! ;)

Don't rub it in :laughing:

miffy xx

lol it's only because I've had very part time work though ;)

larathebabe
04-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Just remember to record as much as you can, try and keep receipts... you don't have to keep every receipt... anything under £10 the HRMC won't expect to see a receipt... if you do keep them all you will have the evidence... but a lot more paper work!!!

katickles
04-06-2008, 07:56 PM
I was really scared & kept putting it off - now In a really weird way i kind of enjoy it:p

I keep a book with me - in the front section i just jot down ALL my expenditure & at the back i write dowm ALL details to do with mileage - where, when, mileage etc.

I then record everything weekly.

I think the main thing is just keep on top of it & you'll be fine :)

JazzyL
06-06-2008, 09:39 AM
I you find it hard and can't keep on top of it daily/weekly, set yourself deadlines on your calender every couple of weeks or up to a month, where you then have to make sure everything is up to date. Then by April, the most you will have to back-track will be the couple of weeks or month an you will be able to concentrate on filling in the annual return etc :)
It is a good idea in principal but if you miss one of your own deadlines it makes it harder :panic: