PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Plus contract question

greenfields
04-04-2012, 10:05 AM
First of all.... I need to tell you....

I AM FINALLY REGISTERED!! :clapping::jump for joy::laughing:

And with this comes a little question. Does mum need to sign paperwork BEFORE the settling-in sessions? The settling-in sessions have been arranged for next week but childcare is required to start the following week.

QualityCare
04-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Yes fill in the contracts first, parents could just use you for a few hours childcare and not come back, the NCMA ones has a section on them for the settling in period.

rickysmiths
04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Yes they sign a contract and pay the deposit. We had a mum a few years ago who did settling in with several minders and then did use any of us. She got about a weeks worth of free childcare between all of us. :angry:

greenfields
04-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I've called today to mum with the paperwork and invoice for the month. The settling-in period on the NCMA contract doesn't seem to relate to my free settling-in sessions. The contract states that there can be an arranged time where we can both cancel the childcare agreement without notice. That seems to be a different thing altogether.

What I will do next time is ensure I'm paid for the month before offering the settling-in sessions...rickysmiths, I can't quite believe someone would have the cheek to do that! :eek:

It's a learning curve, I'll get there.

I can't believe I'm finally registered. Yipee! :D

Penny1959
04-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Well done on becoming registered - now the fun can begin

And there are a lot of things in the childminding world that beggars belief

Penny :)