PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Boys age 6+

Tink
03-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I am looking at buying some toys for boys aged 6+ and struggling. My daughter is 3 and a real girly girl and we have a few boys starting soon, but having only looked after young babies or girls I am at a loss as to what they would like.

I have a train track, car track, mat, garage, games and jigsaws, wooden castle, Hex Bug track but what else?

loocyloo
03-04-2012, 04:17 PM
lego
knex

my big boys used play for ages with the cars/track ( hot wheels tracks, can be good, some are better than others! ) and train tracks ... in fact my 10yr DS still loves the wooden trains ( but don't say i told you :laughing: )

also games such as connect 4, frustration, snakes and ladders etc.elc do a game where you hang monkeys on a tree, thats good too!

and a football or 2 for the garden !!!

marnieb
03-04-2012, 04:39 PM
yep lego!! and a few action figures - star wars, spider-man, etc!

kellib
03-04-2012, 04:40 PM
My 6 year old son is just getting into lego, he also loves nothing better than sitting down and drawing or colouring in.

He tells me he doesn't like his Thomas trains anymore but he's spent the whole day guarding them from the mindees that were here today and he does still play with them everyday, them and his cars are the two biggest hits in this house.

AliceK
03-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Lego is a definite hit here. Action figures. Access to pens / paper. Must have footballs in the garden. If you have more than one boy around the same age they are usually pretty good at getting together and doing lots of imaginary play and making lots of noise.

xxxx

mushpea
03-04-2012, 05:18 PM
lego, action figures, cars, depends what their in to really,,
Mine also like den building , we have a four fold airer and lots of blankets and pegs.
lots of garden play, possibly football, the wii or xbox or tv but i limit their time on these.

blue bear
03-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Digging holes in the garden is firm favourite here, playing with sticks and role playing fire making.

Tatjana
04-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Definately Lego. Power Rangers figures have made a recent revival with my elder 2 ds and they're really into Matchbox. Otherwise they really enjoy doing all sorts of crafts, drawing, junk modelling.

Bridey
04-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Dressing up is a huge hit here and my rabble seem to love those magnetic drawing boards - they get used in imaginative play (eg schools, x-factor etc) quite often as well as for playing noughts & crosses, hangman & squares.

SandCastles
04-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Baking has become a favourite especially as they eat so much food!!! they also have large evening meals once they are at home!! so we bake everything in large quantities one day and eat some, and keep some for the remained of the week (or until its gone)
Pizza making as well, I cut a base into sections and they will spend ages helping prepare toppings for their pizza section looking through my pizza menus for ideas (sometimes a slice, sometimes a square) they get to eat what they make either straight away or over a couple of days.
I have a Wii with a timer and dressing up and crafts (making swords is a favourite)
I have a pear tree in the garden that they can climb and a 10 ft trampoline.
Phew.. I'm worn out doing all that in an evening.

Vickster
04-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Balls! Rugby, football, tennis, cricket, space to wrestle. Den building, drawing, computer time. Wii. Role playing. Dressing up. Lego.

Vickster
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Paper Aeroplanes.......

Tink
05-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies and toy suggestions, I am sure I can get hold of some of those:thumbsup: