PDA

View Full Version : Assistants

sillybeans
03-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Anyone know roughly how long it takes to get an assistant registered? :)

Cheers

Suebb1
03-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Depends how long a CRB check takes, then forms for Ofsted! and certificate to come through!! Then first aid if to be left unattended with children

sarah707
03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
About the length of a piece of string usually :laughing:

Suebb1 has given a much better answer :D

RubySlippers
03-04-2012, 06:05 PM
I am just in the process of registering an assistant! I made sure they had every piece of information they needed to prevent any delays (EY2 Form, Assistant Variation Request, Measurements of Home, and a covering letter detailing my request). I sent it via email (paper trail) and advised that I would forward the written copies at request. When I called them to ask a question I asked if what i had sent was ok and they said they would not require any further information and I would just have to wait for the checks to come back. This was the middle of march and today my CRB has been dispatched! So shouldn't be long now! :D

The Ofsted side of things shouldn't take long at all as long as they have the information and do need to keep contacting you, but the CRB is dependant on the Police Checks in your area?

All in all my advise is to send everything they need even if they tell you they do not require it straight away and keep chasing your enquiries!

Sally
x

RubySlippers
03-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Also ment to say you do not need to wait for the certificate to come through before your assistant can start! As long as your details have updated on the Ofsted Website then they can start!

:)

sillybeans
04-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks guys :)

jadavi
04-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I got notification when the CRB check was cleared for mine - I took this to be approval of the assistant! Is there another cert I have to wait for?