PDA

View Full Version : You CAN buy printed copies of Development Matters

Penny1959
03-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I have just brought 6 printed copies of the Development Matters document - for £5.95 each from Early Education (for me and my friends) Post Free on my order

http://shop.early-education.org.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=Development-Matters

I am a member of Early Education - so not sure if that makes a difference.

Carol M, Suebb1 and Mayberry and Playmate - as you are all seeing me soon - I have copies for you if you want them

AND NDNA are selling printed copies of Development matters and the EYFS for £9.50
http://www.ndna.org.uk/

Penny :)

Newbie1!
03-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Same price if not a member, thanks Penny :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: xx

Rubybubbles
03-04-2012, 12:47 PM
ah well, hubby printed them at work for me today lol!

Better get my binder out:laughing:

silvermist
03-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I have just brought 6 printed copies of the Development Matters document - for £5.95 each from Early Education (for me and my friends) Post Free on my order

http://shop.early-education.org.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=Development-Matters

Carol M, Suebb1 and Mayberry and Playmate - as you are all seeing me soon - I have copies for you if you want them

Brilliant news Penny, thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

Carol M
03-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Thank you Penny.
NDNA have for £9.50
Carol x

rickysmiths
03-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks for that info Penny. I have printed it all out.

Penny1959
03-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Thank you Penny.
NDNA have for £9.50
Carol x

Just put link for NDNA on my original post - should point out that NDNA are offering both Development Matters and EYFS for the £9.50

Chatterbox Childcare
03-04-2012, 01:05 PM
You can also get if from the DFE at £5.75

The DfE have today been given the go-ahead to print the 'Development Matters' section of the revised EYFS document (this section only) and this will be available to order for the price of £5.75 (non profit making) per copy.

This is only by request, accessible to order from their website: www.early-education.org.uk (DfE tel: 0207 5395400).

Playmate
03-04-2012, 02:30 PM

AND NDNA are selling printed copies of Development matters and the EYFS for £9.50

Thank you Penny, you are a star :cheerleader:

Suebb1
03-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Many thanks Penny xx

Mouse
03-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I might wait a little while. You can guarantee there'll be some amendments before long :rolleyes::laughing:

loocyloo
03-04-2012, 04:14 PM
I might wait a little while. You can guarantee there'll be some amendments before long :rolleyes::laughing:

thats what i thought !!!:laughing:

miffy
03-04-2012, 04:40 PM

I think so too and, much as I'd love a hard copy, I begrudge paying for something that should be free because I have to use it!

Miffy xx

2kidsunder5
04-04-2012, 09:42 AM
I think so too and, much as I'd love a hard copy, I begrudge paying for something that should be free because I have to use it!

Miffy xx

I agree, it's ridiculous that we have to print it ourselves or buy a printed copy.

To all those who have purchased a printed copy I would be interested to know what the quality is like please?

I looked on ebay earlier and some people are selling printed copies for a tenner :angry:

Diane x

Penny1959
04-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I will let you know what the quality is like when I get my copy.

However no one is saying we have to print or buy copies - we can if we wish just refer to it on the computer.

Personally I perfer a hard copy - and I am happy to pay for it

Of course some people do not have access to a computer and so for them the fact that for a small amount they can a copy - gives them a choice.
As has been said the DfE are charging for hard copies - so the chances of any free copies are slim.

But if you don't want to buy a copy - that is personal choice.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-04-2012, 06:20 PM
I have printed mine out and they are awaiting binding.

If anyone does get a booklet type copy could you please pm me as I would prefer to pay for this.

Smiley
04-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I have printed them and they look great in a display folder, didnt cost much to do and it will go through my books as a business expense

mayberry
05-04-2012, 04:22 AM
Thank you Penny need to come and pick up will ring you :)

Dawn xx

onceinabluemoon
05-04-2012, 07:35 AM
I don't mind paying a fiver for a hard copy, but I wonder if it will be one of those things we have to pay for for ofsted like the ICO and will get marked down if we don't have a hard copy... It its just another expense for those starting up with limited funds if so.

I'm going to wait a while until I buy mine, just until they are sure they're not going to change anything like they did last time.

Thanks for the links :)

Playmate
05-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Why would you be marked down? I have never been asked at an inspection to show my copy of the EYFS, the inspector just needs to know you are working with it.

I'm afraid being a CM is like any other self employed person or running your own business there are startup and running costs.

nemo97
14-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi there, can I ask all those who have purchased a copy
if you have received it yet.
I've not received mine but I'm not sure if they are sending them
out yet or if we have to wait. :blush:

Thanx

AliceK
14-04-2012, 02:35 PM

Thanx

Hi
I was just thinking yesterday I haven't received mine yet. I'm assuming they've been inundated with requests but I'll give it until mid next week and then chase them.

xxx

Penny1959
14-04-2012, 06:29 PM

Thanx

No not had mine yet - either from Early Education or NDNA (ordered both to compare and fedback to others)

Also I have heard that PLA with be making hard copies available to their members for about £7 - and this will be for both the EYFS stautory framework AND the guidance documents

jadavi
14-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Yeh havent got mine either... Wondering now if I will xx

nemo97
15-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanx for the reply's. At least I know it's not
only myself that's waiting for it to be delivered. :blush:
I'll give it another week before I give them a call.
xxxx

Penny1959
16-04-2012, 11:57 AM
My copy from NDNA has arrived today - it is on good quality paper and is spiral bound.

It has been produced as two seperate documents - the statutory and the guidance - I quite like having them seperate.

Still no delivery from Early Education - guess they have a back log.

I have also now ordered a copy from PLA - as I am a member - and they say on their website that won't be delivered until end April.

AliceK
17-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Mine came yesterday too from NDNA :thumbsup:

xxxx

Trpta108
17-04-2012, 09:35 AM
I have also not yet received mine from early education.

Blemblem
18-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the link

Just order my copy. Definitely need a hard copy to look at and work through accurately.

Thanks again

christine e
23-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Just received my copies from NDNA and I am more than happy with the quality. Not the thickest of paper but it is glossy so would stand a bit of a spill without running the ink!

Cx

Penny1959
23-04-2012, 01:25 PM
My Early Education copies of development matters arrived on Friday - better paper than NDNA - but does not include the statutory framework

Is produced in landscape format is stapled together

Zoomie
24-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Okay, I made a purchase from NDNA today.

Thank you Penny for the link and feedback.

catlyn
30-04-2012, 01:35 PM

Hi I have just used the link to NDNA to buy a printed copy of EYFS and it took me to a signed in page ...the user is Ella Wardelworth...not sure if this is anyone on here but it looked as though i was signed in as her...and i could access her info page with address on.....just thought I'd let you know in case link needs to be amended x x