PDA

View Full Version : HAND SANITISER OR SOAP AND WATER?

silvermist
03-04-2012, 12:26 PM
I apologise if this has been asked before but... when doing nappy changes can we use hand sanitiser afterwards or not?

rickysmiths
03-04-2012, 12:28 PM
At home I use gloves and then go and wash my hands with soap and water.

If we are out I still use gloves but then use hand sanitizer afterwards.

AliceK
03-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I will use hand sanitizer when soap and water isn't available but when I'm at home because I do nappy changes in the downstairs toilet anyway I just wash my hands in there. I carry gel in my bags / buggy for use on myself and mindees when we are out and about.

xxxx

silvermist
03-04-2012, 12:30 PM
At home I use gloves and then go and wash my hands with soap and water.

If we are out I still use gloves but then use hand sanitizer afterwards.

I knew you'd have the answer to that RS!:laughing: I asked because someone mentioned about allergies etc so just wanted to get an idea what everyone else does. Thanks for reply x

EmmaReed84
03-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I use both depending on what I have changed lol... also Dettol antibac spray :laughing: I get paranoid about germs on the front door handle and tap :blush:

silvermist
03-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I use both depending on what I have changed lol... also Dettol antibac spray :laughing: I get paranoid about germs on the front door handle and tap :blush:

:laughing::laughing:

mandy moo
04-04-2012, 09:01 AM

I have soap and a Anti Bac handwash in the loo down stairs, Anti Bac handwash in the kitchen, Plus Dettol spray.
and carry wipes and anti bac gel in my bag :)

rickysmiths
04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't use antibac sprays anywhere in my house, never have! Good old fashioned soap and water.

I don't use those plug in air fresheners either.

Never killed me the lack of antibac when I was growing up!

I have a distinct aversion to using too many chemicals especially around very small children and babies.

EmmaReed84
04-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't use antibac sprays anywhere in my house, never have! Good old fashioned soap and water.

I don't use those plug in air fresheners either.

Never killed me the lack of antibac when I was growing up!

I have a distinct aversion to using too many chemicals especially around very small children and babies.

I know what you are saying... I even get it... It is that flaming advert with the magnified green wriggling germs that make me squirm... I have been like this since I could ever remember. I just have that image in my head even now I am shuddering :blush:

I used to wash my hands in the public loo's and would wait for someone else to leave so I could zip out the door without touching it... If I was alone I would get some tissue paper open the door them throw it away... Now I leave and spritz. :thumbsup:

Ewww @ germs lol

Chatterbox Childcare
04-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't have soap and water for the children - we all use hand sanitizer, especially as it dries so quickly

Ofsted saw and didn't object so we will continue