PDA

View Full Version : numbers of mindees with assistants

mr man
03-04-2012, 10:46 AM
i am applying for a varation for one day ( teacher training day) this month.

i was thinking of appying for full varation as both my DH and sister have completed 1st aid and crbs ( as sister lives here while at uni) .

it seemsdaft to do it all for jsut one extra one and only for one day. becasue when summer hols come i do have to let a fmaily down ( who are not contracted to school hols) but if dh / sis where my assitant then its ok.

my Q is numbers increasing. does this sound right

when working alone - 1 under 1 / 3 under 5 / 6 under 8

when working with assitant - 2 under 1 / 5 under 5 / 9 under 8

i want to increase it reasonalby casue im doing the paperwork anyway - and although i have two assitants will prob only work with one with regard to numbers. iykwim.

what numbers to others have when working with assitants?

Chatterbox Childcare
03-04-2012, 10:53 AM
My doubled: 4 under 1, 12 under 8 when working with my DH who is registered we have 2 under 1 and the rest the same

It all works on floor space

EmmaReed84
03-04-2012, 10:57 AM
My doubled: 4 under 1, 12 under 8 when working with my DH who is registered we have 2 under 1 and the rest the same

It all works on floor space

Sorry to jump on this thread, but a teeny question. I know numbers are all based on floor space and I got the variation form and it is asking for measurements... However my living room is small and based on MY calculation of open floor space I would not be allowed as many children as I already have, even though at my pre-reg she said full number (obviously deducted my two children)

I do have a stupidly massive garden though so do they consider all the space a home has to offer or not?

Not sure if that makes any sense lol

mr man
03-04-2012, 11:55 AM
thanks deb.

i jsut thought it was a lot, but i might aswell since as im doing the paperwork. plus added income i hols will be great. ive turned many away too.
im just filling it in now and

when working with an assistant
2 under 1
5 under 5
9 under 8
5 over 8 ( i ahve these now though. the twins turn 8 tomorrow and my own two children then sibling to an under 5 one.

shoudl i jsut double it as you said they did ? ddi you ask for that or was an automatic number ?

as for space i am lucky quite a big open plan house. not worked out the the exact area, ( esimate living room 37 sq m / play room 15 sq m / dining room 6 sq m / kitchen 8 sq m - 66 sp m :eek: ) is this enought do you think?
ive seen huge gardens but mine is about avaerage, again othes say its big. depends what your used too i suppose. :)

thanks for help

mr man
03-04-2012, 11:57 AM
what d o you do when you have 5 over 8s ???

i need to check my insrance as im not sure if it 10 or 12. im iwth morton michel

rickysmiths
03-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Also bear in mind that id you exceed 6 under 8s you will need to check with your local Planning Dept to see if you need to apply for planning permission to exceed your 6 under 8s numbers. It is different in all areas.

mr man
03-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Also bear in mind that id you exceed 6 under 8s you will need to check with your local Planning Dept to see if you need to apply for planning permission to exceed your 6 under 8s numbers. It is different in all areas.

we ok heren thanks, :phew: