PDA

View Full Version : My son is doing my job for me!

kellib
03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Usually my son doesn't see mindees as he's at school when they are here so today he's having a great time with them. He's currently got them all in the hall playing with all the teddies we have and I'm a bit redundant! :laughing:

Natternic
03-04-2012, 09:54 AM
thats great, wish my son was doing something productive instead its im bored bored bored!

NI MINDER
03-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Lucky you - my darling daughter text me from her bedroom to ask if i needed a hand ........ :angry:

EmmaReed84
03-04-2012, 10:05 AM
lol i know what you mean. I have been dreading this half term, DS is currently going through an ADHD diagnosis and usually he is quite hard work when it is just us (DH and 2 DS's).

Today there is me DS (6yr) and DS (3yr) mindee 3yr and mindee 18m... DS(6yr) is playing so well, built a train track with them and is now singing hokey cokey... I have never seen him his calm for this long before... He is doing so well "looking after" the other children.

kellib
03-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Lucky you - my darling daughter text me from her bedroom to ask if i needed a hand ........ :angry:

:laughing: my son is only 6 so he's quite happy to have someone else to play with even if they are 4 years younger than him

NI MINDER
03-04-2012, 10:41 AM
:laughing: my son is only 6 so he's quite happy to have someone else to play with even if they are 4 years younger than him

mine is 13!! lol :laughing:

silvermist
03-04-2012, 11:08 AM
lol i know what you mean. I have been dreading this half term, DS is currently going through an ADHD diagnosis and usually he is quite hard work when it is just us (DH and 2 DS's).

Today there is me DS (6yr) and DS (3yr) mindee 3yr and mindee 18m... DS(6yr) is playing so well, built a train track with them and is now singing hokey cokey... I have never seen him his calm for this long before... He is doing so well "looking after" the other children.

Thats funny Emma cause thats exactly what my son is like too. He's brilliant with younger children and can amuse them for hours!:thumbsup:

AliceK
03-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Yes my DS is 7 and will happily spend time with the LO's playing. I have a lovely photo of him sitting on a little stool and all the LO's sitting on the floor looking at him whilst he reads them a story. I have a mindee who's not quite 2 and he spends all day waiting for DS to finish school so that they can go and play football together in the garden. I tell him often he can have my job when he's a bit older.

xxxx

Bushpig
03-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Can your son make lunch too? :laughing:

kellib
03-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Can your son make lunch too? :laughing:

That's his task for next week :laughing:

Right now he's having his lunch in peace while the LO's sleep :thumbsup:

loocyloo
03-04-2012, 12:00 PM
i'm always redundant in the holidays and after school! the LOs adore my children (6 & 9) and the feeling is mutual! i think my 2 love all the sand/water/messy play, painting and sticking etc, as they (DS esp) feel 'too old' to ask for it when LO are not here!

but it is nice and peaceful at the moment whilst LO sleep! DS is still sticking at the table and DD is tidying her bedroom as friends coming over in a bit and i just know the girls will escape upstairs!

Becci26
03-04-2012, 01:14 PM
I too am redundant!!

Dd is loving having the little ones around and I barely get a look in, except when my youngest mindee is screaming of course :laughing:

She has now gone to a party for the afternoon so I will have to do some work when lo wakes up :laughing:

kellib
03-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh it was all going so well until one of my mindees smashed a toy right across my son's nose, ouch!!