PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP PLEASEEEEE

kayz90
02-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi

I was just doing my invoice for my family for this week and they have 4 children that come here. I texted the family saying did they realise it was bank holiday on friday and that is double my rate and she said they couldn't do that and then another msg later saying thet won't be coming to me that day!
Now i'm loosing a day even though i turned around and said not to worry then i will charge you my normal rate!!!
The thing is they are contracted as a rolling rota which she ghives me every thursday so no set days i don't no where i stand i don't know what to do?? Can she just take that day away from me :(:(:(:(

EmmaReed84
02-04-2012, 04:15 PM
If your contract states BH are double rate and she signed that then politely text her back saying as she has not given suffient (sp) notice then the day will be charged at the normal rate as per contract.

rickysmiths
02-04-2012, 04:17 PM
If it was me and this Friday BH or not would have been a normal contracted day on the rolling rota and from what you have said that is the case, then I would be charging normal fee if the parent chose not to use me when I was available for work. This is what she has done. She has decided not to use this day so its the same as her taking a days holiday.

boxtree7
02-04-2012, 04:23 PM
If the family is down to attend this Friday as per rota I would charge normal fee if they attend I would charge additional fees so long as this is in your contract.

kayz90
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
omg its sooo hard i don't want to **** them off their my first family and i'm scared i'm going to lose them i only started in feb i really dont know what to text back xxx

boxtree7
02-04-2012, 04:26 PM
go back and read your agreement ........ it may be that this time if they don't attend you don't get paid.

loocyloo
02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
don't text back, phone mum and explain that as its a bank holiday you are available to work, but at a higher rate. if they don't choose to come, then the day is charged as a normal day.

good luck xxx

CH1957
02-04-2012, 05:12 PM
don't text back, phone mum and explain that as its a bank holiday you are available to work, but at a higher rate. if they don't choose to come, then the day is charged as a normal day.

good luck xxx

I agree with loocyloo. Look at the signed contract to see if you have said you charge for their time off and if it is one of their contracted days tell them they have to pay.

I have just had this with a LO I have school hols only, first day today. Mum emailed last week telling me she wanted me to take her to daily dance classes and she would deduct the money for the time she was at the class, but I pointed out to her that the signed contract states that if they take time off, for any reason, I still get paid. She was ok with and Im still having her, so dont worry about upsetting them, if they like you they'll keep using you. HTH :)

mushpea
02-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I also had a parent whose child wanted to go to after school club. she said how much less a week would it be so I told her then also told her that I woldnt collect normal school time if the club was canclled, she then decided to pay me the full fee and was fine about it.