PDA

View Full Version : First Who Minds - now Nursery World!

Penny1959
02-04-2012, 03:43 PM
As you know lovely photo and article in Who Minds this issue

And now a comment from me in Nursery World - have to say just a small part of a longer comment - but still - I think I must be nearly famous now as people (well 3 people so far) have emailed me about my comment.:D

Penny:)

PixiePetal
02-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Honoured to have met you! :D

rickysmiths
02-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Oh Gosh does that mean we will have to pay 6d to speak to you now Penny?

Penny1959
02-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh Gosh does that mean we will have to pay 6d to speak to you now Penny?

Still free to speak to me at the moment Rickysmiths - but if I make it to News at 10 or the sofa on one of the breakfast shows - I might review the situation :D

Penny :)

silvermist
02-04-2012, 05:09 PM

And now a comment from me in Nursery World - have to say just a small part of a longer comment - but still - I think I must be nearly famous now as people (well 3 people so far) have emailed me about my comment.:D

OOH! Can I have your autograph?, might be worth a few quid in a few years time! :thumbsup:

miffy
02-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Don't get Nursery World - what were you commenting on?

Miffy xx

Polly2
02-04-2012, 05:15 PM
oooh well done Penny :clapping:

sarah707
02-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Go Penny! :clapping:

breezy
02-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Wow famous, can I have a signed photo please?:laughing::jump for joy::jump for joy:

Penny1959
02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Don't get Nursery World - what were you commenting on?

Miffy xx

On the revised EYFS Miffy - I put a few positive comments - but the bit they used was about not having a hard copy.

I also don't get Nursery World - as a only just renewing my supscription (one of the things that had to go when money was tight) however Sarah 707 let me know, as did someone from PLA and a childminder that I know.

mayberry
02-04-2012, 05:21 PM
wow.... and you have sat on my settee more than once lol
well done xx

Dawn xxx

miffy
02-04-2012, 05:22 PM
On the revised EYFS Miffy - I put a few positive comments - but the bit they used was about not having a hard copy.

I'm glad they quoted that - I would love a hard copy, can't work from downloads on the computer!

Miffy xx

Penny1959
02-04-2012, 05:29 PM
wow.... and you have sat on my settee more than once lol
well done xx

Dawn xxx

Indeed Dawn - and if you have not recycled all those wonderful network reports / assessments and annual reviews - you will have at least 1000 copies of my 'autograph' :laughing:

Best keep them - if you still have them - might be worth something soon :D

Cammie Doodle
02-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh Penny I may have you autograph already on some of my accreditation paperwork lol I will hang onto that and show your adoring public ;)

Penny1959
02-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh Penny I may have you autograph already on some of my accreditation paperwork lol I will hang onto that and show your adoring public ;)

Oh dear - so that is June and Mayberry - oh and Carol M - oh and Suebb1 - just to name those on here - that all have my autograph a million times over

I think if I do become really famous - I am going to have to come up with a new autograph:D

Suebb1
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
HI Penny

Yes commented on you becoming famous today when talking to Ann as had seen your name in Nursery World when it popped through my letter box this morning and yes I do already have your autograph several times x

Penny1959
02-04-2012, 08:26 PM
HI Penny

Yes commented on you becoming famous today when talking to Ann as had seen your name in Nursery World when it popped through my letter box this morning and yes I do already have your autograph several times x

Though as much :D

Now IF I am going to be famous - and going to change my signature - what about my name?

Never liked my proper first name - but Lady Penelope does have a certain ring to it :thumbsup:

Playmate
02-04-2012, 08:33 PM
does this mean I have to bring the red carpet with me next week my lady?

Penny1959
02-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Princess Playmate - one should be bringing the red carpet anyway - seeing as even without changing my name to Lady Penelope - I am still the Queen Mum:D

And as you are meeting me after my very important meeting - you will also need large box of chocolates for if it does not go well and bucket of water to chuck over me to reduce size of swollen head and enlarged ego - if it does go well.

The Juggler
02-04-2012, 08:42 PM
wow! will be having a look out for that when I get my copy :clapping:

Carol M
02-04-2012, 09:09 PM

:laughing::laughing: I thought your comment might consist of just 3 words, the last one being NCMA!
After tonights meeting re accreditation all that paperwork you signed will no longer be needed so can be consigned to the bin( recycling one of course)but I will store in the loft to put on ebay at a later date :D
Carol xx

Maza
02-04-2012, 09:11 PM
So what next week - Vogue, Hello, OK?

stardust
02-04-2012, 09:24 PM

This and the lady Penelope comment made me laugh I am now remembering good old thunderbirds with the strings of course. You'll have to get your very own fab 1 & a suitable Parker to wait on you x

Playmate
02-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Princess Playmate - one should be bringing the red carpet anyway - seeing as even without changing my name to Lady Penelope - I am still the Queen Mum:D

And as you are meeting me after my very important meeting - you will also need large box of chocolates for if it does not go well and bucket of water to chuck over me to reduce size of swollen head and enlarged ego - if it does go well.

:ROFL1::ROFL1: I will come prepared my lady

Penny1959
03-04-2012, 04:55 AM
:laughing::laughing: I thought your comment might consist of just 3 words, the last one being NCMA!
After tonights meeting re accreditation all that paperwork you signed will no longer be needed so can be consigned to the bin( recycling one of course)but I will store in the loft to put on ebay at a later date :D
Carol xx

Good idea Carol - because hopefully most others will bin theirs and yours will be worth something - and just think how much you would get for a full report with my 'words of wisdom' on it - although maybe I wouldpay the most to stop those 'words of wisdom' getting onto the open market :D

Re accreditation in Worcestershire - well now they have removed all those silly things they put in place when I left them - I think I will become accredited - after all the 'criteria' is simple enough
2 years recent cm experience
good or outstanding Ofsted
Level 3 qualification

Although it is still a joke as I won't actually meet the criteria until April 19th when I will have been registered this time round for 2 years.:D

Oh well

Penny1959
03-04-2012, 05:08 AM
So what next week - Vogue, Hello, OK?

Now there is an idea - I could do with a new image - do you think they would do one for me?

Penny1959
03-04-2012, 07:49 AM
I have posted this on another thread - but for those who are reading this thread and who don't get Nursery World - this is the bit of the article with my now famous quote!

The Government has also come under fire from early years providers who are unhappy about having to print their own copies of the revised EYFS framework.
Penny Webb, who runs childminding service Penny's Place in Kidderminster, Worcestershire, said that after less than 24 hours' use the copy she printed is 'dog eared and the pages are out of order.'
To meet the needs of nurseries for printed materials, the National Day Nurseries Association said it would be making professionally printed and bound copies of the revised EYFS framework and Development Matters available to nurseries at a cost of £9.50.
Chief executive Purnima Tanuku said, 'NDNA understands that many nurseries prefer to have printed copies of important documents so that these can be accessed and shared easily by staff.
'We hope nurseries will find this a useful recourse during this period of change in the sector and we are pleased to be able to offer this support