PDA

View Full Version : recording development???

Nikki125
02-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone, i have just started childminding last month and am now full (to bursting), i have settled all the children, built up a good stock of toys and equipment, got all the revelent documents needed, sorted all my planning and now need to start recording childrens development, doing observations etc, How do most you do this? how often? do you just have one file that you put everything into? what exactly do you do record/put into the file? do you share with parents? how often? sorry for all the questions but would love to hear some feed back about how/what you all do? :)

Tink
02-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone, i have just started childminding last month and am now full (to bursting), That's brilliant well done.i have settled all the children, built up a good stock of toys and equipment, got all the revelent documents needed, sorted all my planning and now need to start recording childrens development, doing observations etc, How do most you do this?A Learning Journey is what you need, it tracks children's progress through the Early Years Foundation Stage how often?I update it with observations and next steps as they occur, using photo's written obs and children's work do you just have one file that you put everything into? what exactly do you do record/put into the file?Again photos, written obs anything from home. do you share with parents?Yes, working with parents is important and I ask them to fill in what they like about their child's LJ and if they have any comments about their child at home how often? I usually do it each term, works well for me, see how you gosorry for all the questions but would love to hear some feed back about how/what you all do? :)

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Nikki125
02-04-2012, 03:07 PM
that is a big help, thanx very much. :thumbsup: