PDA

View Full Version : I've done it :)

Rachel1983
31-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi all

Well i thought i'd be looking for Children to fill my vacancies for months and two weeks in to advertising... I have had 3 parents take me on but one i had to say no to :( shame as he was soooo sweet...

Now i'm confused as to what i'm meant to do next... I have contrats signed...(tick) childrens records filled out (tick) depositis paid (tick)... permission forms and policies and procedures sent home to be signed (tick)... settling in dates set (tick)
- do i contact Ofsted next ??
- what do they need to know ??
- do i need to do anything else ???

I feel like the course doesnt really help you to know what to do next ...
Any advice will be greatfull recieived ...

thanks all :laughing:

sarah707
31-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Well done! It sounds like you are going to be busy :clapping:

Yes you need to let Ofsted know when you are working so they can schedule you for an inspection.

Just enjoy the children and get to know them, do some settling in activities with them over the first few weeks.

Enjoy :D

Carol M
31-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Congratulations on filling your vacancies so quickly :clapping:
Now the fun begins.
Ofsted won't want to know any details about your mindees, as long as you comply with the details on your certificate you are up and running.
Do you have a Development Officer from your Local Authority to help you in your first few months?
Good Luck, sounds like you are ready.
Carol xx

Rachel1983
31-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Thank you...

There both going to be one so i'll be very busy :D

Rachel1983
31-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Congratulations on filling your vacancies so quickly :clapping:
Now the fun begins.
Ofsted won't want to know any details about your mindees, as long as you comply with the details on your certificate you are up and running.
Do you have a Development Officer from your Local Authority to help you in your first few months?
Good Luck, sounds like you are ready.
Carol xx

Hi Carol...
I think i do... but i got a childminding buddy.... but i ask her so many questions i don't want to put her off me before weve even met haha

miffy
31-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Well done on filling your vacancies so quickly! :clapping:

Hope you enjoy your new career

Miffy xx

BucksCM
31-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Hi Carol...
I think i do... but i got a childminding buddy.... but i ask her so many questions i don't want to put her off me before weve even met haha

Speaking as a Buddy myself...you can never ask too many questions! That is what we are here for :D

Zoomie
01-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Do you have your CM public liability insurance ? This needs to be in place before any children start settling in.

Congratulations

Rachel1983
01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Do you have your CM public liability insurance ? This needs to be in place before any children start settling in.

Congratulations

yes.... when u join ncma they provide that :thumbsup:

irislili
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
wow, well done, i'm just starting out, cannot wait until i can post something like this x

CH1957
01-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Well done! It sounds like you are going to be busy :clapping:

Yes you need to let Ofsted know when you are working so they can schedule you for an inspection.

Just enjoy the children and get to know them, do some settling in activities with them over the first few weeks.

Enjoy :D

Ive never been told that I should let Ofsted know that I'm working. I thought that once you had the certificate you were good to go. Should I let them know, Ive been working since January???

Natternic
01-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Ive never been told that I should let Ofsted know that I'm working. I thought that once you had the certificate you were good to go. Should I let them know, Ive been working since January???

me too, im waiting for an inspection too.....?

Rachel1983
01-04-2012, 07:02 PM
wow, well done, i'm just starting out, cannot wait until i can post something like this x

U will soon I'm sure :) good luck

Allie
01-04-2012, 07:18 PM
When Ofsted contact you for your first graded inspection they will ask if you are working and if you weren't they would then ask you to let them know when you start, so don't panic if you didn't.

I would tell them as it would get everything going

Allie

~Grasshopper~
01-04-2012, 07:57 PM
well done.

make sure you have your PL insurance, inform your local FIS (DO), Inform the tax office your self employed and sort out your national insurance.

good luck xx

jadavi
01-04-2012, 09:25 PM
How did you get your buddy? I'd like one!!

Goatgirl
02-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Hi :),
All you need is the relevant individual paperwork in place, your insurance, your certificate, a valid paediatric first aid certificate and away you go :thumbsup:

There is no requirement to tell Ofsted when you start work: they will contact you when they want to do your first graded inspection to see if you have children in the EYFS age range.

Personally I would wait for that rather than off the info as I'd like to get used to the children, have LJ's and obs/planning established for them before the inspection if possible. Contacting them might bring it sooner than you'd like :)

Also just wanted to say remember that you don't work for these families: they use your childcare setting - They haven't taken you you on: You've signed them up ;). Good luck and well done for filling your spaces so quickly :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)

Rachel1983
07-04-2012, 10:55 AM
How did you get your buddy? I'd like one!!

i contacted my local coundil and they pointed me in the right direction...

Rachel1983
07-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi :),
All you need is the relevant individual paperwork in place, your insurance, your certificate, a valid paediatric first aid certificate and away you go :thumbsup:

There is no requirement to tell Ofsted when you start work: they will contact you when they want to do your first graded inspection to see if you have children in the EYFS age range.

Personally I would wait for that rather than off the info as I'd like to get used to the children, have LJ's and obs/planning established for them before the inspection if possible. Contacting them might bring it sooner than you'd like :)

Also just wanted to say remember that you don't work for these families: they use your childcare setting - They haven't taken you you on: You've signed them up ;). Good luck and well done for filling your spaces so quickly :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)

thank you :littleangel: