PDA

View Full Version : Uniform

fishbones1
30-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi, just a quickie,

Does anyone have a special uniform they wear? I was contemplating getting a tabard made with my logo on it. I wouldn't go ut in it, but wear it for cooking and messy play etc.

Just wondered what others thought, is it worth it? Just that I know from previous employment of nurseries etc they expect you to cover up and I thought this may be best way so poor children don't get my bust in their dinner!!!!!!:blush:

miffy
30-05-2008, 07:27 PM
I just wear old, scruffy clothes so maybe I should use an apron too :laughing:

Sounds like a good idea

miffy xx

mrsb
30-05-2008, 07:27 PM
sorry i'm not much help but had to tell you that you made me giggle about the boobs for dinner bit lmao:laughing: :o :laughing:

chez1373
30-05-2008, 07:46 PM
I was going to do this have a uniform as such but i never got round to doing it...
But im the type of person who would want the lot trousers top jacket lol

fishbones1
30-05-2008, 07:57 PM
I know what you mean, I just think it will save my clothes getting ruined and its nice for parents to see. promotes business too. (if have t-shirt out and about)

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 07:58 PM
I dont use one but I think its a great idea

Im always wrecking even my old tshirts

Angel xx

charleyfarley
30-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I do have t-shirts, sweatshirts and fleeces with logo on for minding. Just wear them with jeans.

Have thought about getting tabards done, just got to find someone who does them now.

Carol xx

Rubybubbles
30-05-2008, 09:13 PM
I want tabards, you are meant to wear them to carry gloves in for those 'emergancys

manjay
30-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I want tabards, you are meant to wear them to carry gloves in for those 'emergancys

I worry that I will look like Mrs Mop with one of them on:panic:

fishbones1
30-05-2008, 09:17 PM
:ROFL1: at manjay

christine e
30-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I think I would look like a dinner lady in a tabbard

Cx

Blaze
30-05-2008, 10:02 PM
I do have t-shirts, sweatshirts and fleeces with logo on for minding. Just wear them with jeans.

Have thought about getting tabards done, just got to find someone who does them now.

Carol xx

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR THINGS FROM?:)

manjay
30-05-2008, 10:14 PM
WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR THINGS FROM?:)

I have been trying to get this done but everytime I send my logo to a company they either don't reply or tell me it will be mega expensive:( Think my logo has too many stitches in it

Blaze
30-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Yep...sounds very familiar...hence my interest!:)

littlewonders
31-05-2008, 06:39 AM
I have t-shirts from vistaprint but they are mainly for advertising. I do want a uniform but as has already been said it is mega expensive.

ajs
31-05-2008, 07:25 AM
I think I would look like a dinner lady in a tabbard

Cx

when i was a dinner lady (just for a week, worst job i've ever done) i wouldn't wear the tabbard as it was soooooo disgusting, and i am too young ( even though i was older than the two other dinner ladies )
i hated the tabard and the job ( i got spat at by a year 6 girl too)
so no i wouldn't ear one for messy play but i do have an apron which i never wear either as i forget about it

flora
31-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I got my t shirts done by a local company.

For £85 I got three plolo shirts, a thick heavy fleece and a hooded sweatshirt. This amount included vat and a set up fee.

Now this is set up I just have to pay for the items. :thumbsup:

I didn' think that was too bad :blush: the quality is good too.

I know they do deal with you over the internet, so If anyone wants there number I can give it to you to make enquiries :thumbsup:

littlewonders
31-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I got my t shirts done by a local company.

For £85 I got three plolo shirts, a thick heavy fleece and a hooded sweatshirt. This amount included vat and a set up fee.

Now this is set up I just have to pay for the items. :thumbsup:

I didn' think that was too bad :blush: the quality is good too.

I know they do deal with you over the internet, so If anyone wants there number I can give it to you to make enquiries :thumbsup:

That's brill!

I'd be interested in website/number please! Shall I mention you and try and get you more discount ;) hehe

flora
31-05-2008, 09:11 AM
That's brill!

I'd be interested in website/number please! Shall I mention you and try and get you more discount ;) hehe

You could try not sure it would get you anywhere :laughing:

The number is 01427 810555 company is Elite workwear uk, they don't have a website, but they have done stuff via email etc for me. Ring them see if they will deal with you and post the stuff???

Right, just rung them ( I needed more T shirts ) and yes they will deal via post obviously you have to pay p & p etc. Ring them or email them at : info@eliteworkwearuk.co.uk

I was very happy with my stuff, so hope they please :thumbsup:

fishbones1
31-05-2008, 09:18 AM
I was exploring the web yesterday after posting this thread.

I just typed in tabard in google and got a list of websites and some are quite reasonable.

I will look into it more after I receive my paypacket (boohoo going back to work on wednesday to work my notice after maternity leave before starting minding) thats if I get any mindee's of course.:laughing:

Spangles
31-05-2008, 12:43 PM
If you look up Embroidery Loft on the net they did used to do a work pack (I'm not sure if that's the correct name) but it had quite a few different items that they embroidered for you and they were really reasonably priced.

I wear polo shirts with my logo on when I'm working. I like them and it saves me wondering for ages what I'm going to wear but I feel a bit drab in them! I'm not really a polo shirt person but I have to keep telling myself that it's just work clothes! Ha ha!

Cammie Doodle
31-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I have shirts/ polo shirts for work (as over the years I have ruined so many clothes), I keep intending to get logo's on them , but never quite get round to it . And remember all of these can go through your accounts :)

littlewonders
31-05-2008, 06:10 PM
You could try not sure it would get you anywhere :laughing:

The number is 01427 810555 company is Elite workwear uk, they don't have a website, but they have done stuff via email etc for me. Ring them see if they will deal with you and post the stuff???

Right, just rung them ( I needed more T shirts ) and yes they will deal via post obviously you have to pay p & p etc. Ring them or email them at : info@eliteworkwearuk.co.uk

I was very happy with my stuff, so hope they please :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Ta very kindly! I will look into this when I grab myself 5 mins!!! lol

Thanks again :D

fishbones1
03-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi all just got a quote from this company regarding embroidery and they will charge me 2 pound per embroidery on each item. There tabards and polo shirts are reasonable too.

www.internet-workwear.co.uk

sarah707
03-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I got shirts from dewdrew on Ebay - they are great and wash really well.

I am going to treat myself to a fleece for autumn I think :D