PDA

View Full Version : Research and how to use it?

balijay
31-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi all

Can I ask you all how you use the research and interesting articles that you read relating to children/play/childminding etc?

For example this morning I have been reading this article relating to children and nature http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/servlet/file/store5/item789980/version2/natural_childhood.pdf Its full of interesting information relevant to childminding and ideas that I would like to incorporate into my practice but how do I use it? I could save it to my desktop but it will just sit there. I don't want to print it off. Do I take notes and put them in a folder? Or something else? Help!

Mouse
31-03-2012, 09:53 AM
If I read something interesting like that I just save it as a favourite on my laptop. If I decide to incorporate some of the ideas into how I work, I just do it.

I do have a notebook that I put scribblings in. I might note that I read such & such an article & like the idea of X. I might note how I could achieve it, any equipment I would need, who it would be suitable for etc. It's then a reminder when I flick back through my book.

sarah707
31-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I would make notes of what I like / do not like about it and include them in my SEF with a timetable.

I also have inside, outside and outings files where I keep my witterings so I can reflect and introduce new ideas, come back to see how they have been used by the children, focus on different areas of learning etc.

Hth :D

rickysmiths
31-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I save things like this into my documents so i can go back to them when i need and don't have to hunt the internet.

There is a phone number and an email at the end of the document saying to contact them if you want it in a different format. They may be able to send you a copy.

miffy
31-03-2012, 10:16 PM
I have things like this in various folders on the computer according to type, like outdoor play, child development etc then I can go back to them whenever I want

Miffy xx