PDA

View Full Version : not sure what to do

kaykaymoo
30-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi all again,
I had an equiry from a lady who has 2 children who she wants picking up from a local school to me ( and on route to my daughters) for 5 evenings a week from 3.15 till 6.30, plus giving them tea.
I thought this was all going to be fine and i let her know i cant do it till im registered ect. she was fine with this.
any way, she has just got in touch to say she now only wants 2 evenings after school and term time only???
Im assuming her 2 will take 2 of my places, not sure what to do, this is only my second enquiry, i dont want to turn down potential work, but dont want to wast 2 of my places?
what does any one think?

Thanks all :)

gegele
30-03-2012, 11:17 PM
depends on ages and your numbers. if over 8, you can take it for now and see how things goes. if it take too much of your numbers then i would say that you cannot guaranty a space as you cannot be sure of when you are going to be registered. if something better comes along you're not tied down. if you have nothing maybe agree just a trying month as it's a different school...then if something come up say you can say it doesn't work for you.

personnally I wouldn't take 2 for 3h as a starter as it bloc 2 days for 12h earning...

good luck

Bridey
30-03-2012, 11:53 PM
I would take the children. If you are a new childminder it will give you experience and get your face and reputation known for future business. A lot of after-schoolers are part time, I care for a total of 13 but only 2 of them come every day - you may fit others in round these two and you still have your 3 spaces free to take on under 5s.

CH1957
31-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I agree with Bridey, I would take them on for now as it gets you seen about as a childminder and you may get other enquires through that school run. I did this when I first registered at a school a bit further away but now Im nearly full with little ones its getting to be hard work so will give up at end of school year as I have 2 other schools much closer.