PDA

View Full Version : Toy boxes + Transporting Schema = Big Mess!!

buzzy bee
29-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Any ideas what to do about this?

No matter what I put the toys in, they get emptied out and the containers get used by ALL my mindees to transport other things around!!

So there is play food and lego and building blocks and cars etc etc etc all over the house!!

The Juggler
29-03-2012, 03:53 PM
there is nothing wrong with supporting the schema but that doesn' mean they don't have to help tidy up hon.

Mine are into puzzles at the moment and had loads out yesterday but we made sure they put one away before they got the next out.

If they empty the entire play food box out and fill a trolley and go off, encourage them to put the rest back in the box or teach them just to take out what they want int th efirst place (depends on age though - if 2+ there is no reason they can't do this).

littlecheeks
29-03-2012, 04:28 PM
my own ds is like this, his only 15 months but loves emptying toys out and putting them all round the house. even if i get certain boxes out he will go for the stuff that isnt! to be honest i just let him get on with it for a while and then have a tidy up. i often let him play with something his 'not supposed to' i.e bowls from the kitchen cupboard. maybe you could try some bits that are not toys, but safe? treasure basket- pasta, bracelets etc.
i agree to get older ones to help tidy aswell.
although i did find it funny when he got hold of daddys wallet and posted all his cards into the bin!

Carol
29-03-2012, 04:32 PM
If the children are old enough I would make it into a game of sorting out the correct toys in the correct boxes (covers eyfs PSRN sorting!!!!!) My kids love to do it with a timer on...........ready steady go......................

Carol

xx

sarah707
29-03-2012, 05:08 PM
:laughing: At least he's not got a trajectory schema as everything goes flying past your ear all day :rolleyes:

Enjoy it while it lasts... it'll be something else soon :D

jumpinjen
29-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Provide loads of boxes/bags/buckets that aren't already filled with toys? Set up boxes of pebbles, pieces of wood, soil, shells etc outside and usher them out there to transport to their heart's content??

Jen x