PDA

View Full Version : Fraud?

NicoleW
29-03-2012, 10:27 AM
So remember the thread about the new boy that started with me who didn't speak English?

Upon arrival, Dad gave me a form to sign so his uni can pay for childcare fees, which I did.
He hasn't turned up all week, not phoned, not answering their phone and I believe they are now using my details to fraudently claim childcare costs.

Who should I contact?

mrs robbie williams
29-03-2012, 10:31 AM
I think its the child tax credit people who are on 0345 300 3900 xx

Mouse
29-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Do you know who the form was actually from? If you di, I would phone them.

I always take a photocopy of any forms I fill in so that I have a record of what I have signed for and an address to contact if need be.

NicoleW
29-03-2012, 10:40 AM
No I don't have a copy :( I'm pretty sure it was a local uni here.

I'll put it on my list of "things to do" for taking copies of anything I sign

Mouse
29-03-2012, 10:45 AM
No I don't have a copy :( I'm pretty sure it was a local uni here.

I'll put it on my list of "things to do" for taking copies of anything I sign

I would phone the local uni then and speak to the finance department.

It's always a good idea to take copies of forms, but it's not something you think about until you've been caught out.

miffy
29-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Good advice from Mouse - have you been paid? If not I might be tempted to turn up on their doorstep!

Miffy xx

waterwaybabies
29-03-2012, 12:10 PM
you will be contacted by student finance hun to sign a delaration to say you have been paid [at the end of term for me]. if this is not signed by you your client will have to repay the money to them.
contact them if you are worried.x

The Juggler
29-03-2012, 01:45 PM
i'd phone the tax credits fraud line AND the university if you know which one.:angry:

stardust
29-03-2012, 01:58 PM
you will be contacted by student finance hun to sign a delaration to say you have been paid [at the end of term for me]. if this is not signed by you your client will have to repay the money to them.
contact them if you are worried.x

I had to sign one every 3 months given to the parents via student finance for me to fill and sign. My parent was claiming £4500ish a month (2 children)

caz3007
29-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I had to sign one every 3 months given to the parents via student finance for me to fill and sign. My parent was claiming £4500ish a month (2 children)

Goodness me how many hours did you have them for to get that much money :laughing: I am assuming you added an extra 0.

I used to have to fill in forms termly to say what I had been paid for the last term when I had a uni parent

snufflepuff
29-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I had similar happen to me unfortunately :(
Parent got me to sign their forms, used me for 4 weeks then gave notice. I contacted the student finance department who said a statement would be sent for me to check and sign, so if the parent had continued claiming after leaving me it would be found out and she would have to pay it back. Never did get the statement though and haven't had time to chase it up yet, must try phoning them again tomorrow actually.

caz3007
29-03-2012, 03:01 PM
I had similar happen to me unfortunately :(
Parent got me to sign their forms, used me for 4 weeks then gave notice. I contacted the student finance department who said a statement would be sent for me to check and sign, so if the parent had continued claiming after leaving me it would be found out and she would have to pay it back. Never did get the statement though and haven't had time to chase it up yet, must try phoning them again tomorrow actually.

My parent used to give me the form, having said that a non attending parent could fill the form in with your details and no one would be any the wiser. Definately needs chasing to make sure thats not been the case

stardust
29-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Goodness me how many hours did you have them for to get that much money :laughing: I am assuming you added an extra 0.

I used to have to fill in forms termly to say what I had been paid for the last term when I had a uni parent

Was supposed to say every 3 months. I had them 8-6 5 days a week it was about £1400 per mth (4 weeks) so 3 months (12 weeks) was 4,200 occasionally it was more as there were 5 week months ect.
Nice money shame I gave notice as mum was horrible. Lovely children though x

snufflepuff
29-03-2012, 06:38 PM
My parent used to give me the form, having said that a non attending parent could fill the form in with your details and no one would be any the wiser. Definately needs chasing to make sure thats not been the case

The man I spoke to said it would be posted to me but you might be right!

NicoleW
30-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Dad phoned this morning, apologised for Tuesday and said when his partner picked up their son she hasn't returned home and he hasn't heard from her but he said "She has a lot of things on her mind" he didn't sound too hopeful about her returning and she has the son as well

O.o

angeldelight
30-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Dad phoned this morning, apologised for Tuesday and said when his partner picked up their son she hasn't returned home and he hasn't heard from her but he said "She has a lot of things on her mind" he didn't sound too hopeful about her returning and she has the son as well

O.o

Sounds a cock and bull story to me tbh

I would do what Miffy suggested and turn up at their house

Good luck

Angel xx

miffy
30-03-2012, 07:07 AM

O.o

Stranger and stranger! Have they paid you?

Miffy xx

kellib
30-03-2012, 07:17 AM

O.o

Tbh that sets alarm bells off for me, like they've made up this story together so they don't have to pay you!

I'd be phoning the uni if I hadn't been paid to find out what's going on!

NicoleW
30-03-2012, 09:52 AM
It's alright they paid on drop off last week so I have been paid :)

miffy
30-03-2012, 12:09 PM
It's alright they paid on drop off last week so I have been paid :)

That's something at least but it still all seems very odd to me.

Miffy xx