PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge ?

Little Pickles
29-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Hello everyone
Just looking for a bit of support really .
I have a family who I have been working with for nearly 3 years , they have 2 LO's the elder girl I pick up from school 4 days a week and have the odd full day in the holidays, the younger one I have 2 full days ( goes to nursery the other days ) but will be starting pre school where instead of having 2 full days with me I will just pick up for and hour and half 4 days . So the dilema starts here.... Mum has said she will finish doing the 2 full days with me when the schools break up but may need me to have kids a few days in the holidays and wants to start new contract in sept - so in her words she ' wont be paying for days she wont be using '.
I have always charged full fee if days are booked and not used ( exept for my holidays which dont charge anything ) so what I am planning to do is start the new contract when the old one finishes - the hours that they will need in sept will be on the contract starting when the old one finishes , so that it holds the place open and i dont lose out on the money , I have always charged the older one for the hours even in school hols , Mum knows that she can use the hour and half and she sometimes does.
Basically they want me to hold a place open for 6 weeks without getting paid and I can't afford to do that , but I get the feeling that it is not what she has in mind ....
Sorry its a bit of a rambling post !
Any advice would be grateful please as I am planning to put something in writing this weekend to clarify what I am prepared to do

~Grasshopper~
29-03-2012, 10:14 AM
hi

i would say she pays or risks the space not being available. then i would try to fill it. she will soon realise if she wants the space then she pays for it.

x

QualityCare
29-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I would ask if she is definitely terminating the contract in July and to give you written notice, suggest to her that she fills in the new contract at the same time as you cannot guarantee to have a place in Sept as there will be lots of people looking for spaces then and she will have to pay a retainer (1/2 fee) if she refuses to pay the retainer tell her she can call you nearer Sept to see if you still have vacancies, maybe you could put it in writing to her when you acknowledge that you accept her termination letter, sometimes having things spelt out to them helps parents realise we are not a charity at their beck and call.

miffy
29-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I'd just tell her straight what you're prepared to do and then it's up to her whether she wants to pay a retainer to keep the places or not.

If she doesn't then advertise and try and fill them. What mum is asking for is trying to have her cake and eat it!

Miffy xx