PDA

View Full Version : bank holidays...full fee????

Nikki125
29-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi guys, I'm just double checking charging full fee for bank holidays (and not working them) is normal isnt it? :rolleyes:

QualityCare
29-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Depends on what you have agreed to on your contracts l charge full fee for children that would normally be with me on them days.

rickysmiths
29-03-2012, 08:29 AM
It depends what you have in your contracts. NCMA recommends that in order to charge normal fees on a BH you should be available to work on them.

Demonjill
29-03-2012, 09:32 AM
I am available to work Bank holidays.
If parent sends child its an enhanced rate per hour and if they choose not to then they still pay their normal rate per hour as im available to work.

I always give parents choice and plenty notice to decide what they want to do. I have not worked a bank holiday yet though lol:thumbsup:

miffy
29-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Depends on what you have agreed to on your contracts l charge full fee for children that would normally be with me on them days.

So do I

Miffy xx

rosebud
29-03-2012, 12:26 PM
I charge full fee but am available to work - sometimes I get the day off, sometimes I don't. If I wanted the day off I wouldn't charge.

marnieb
29-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I dont want to work them so dont charge anything. TBH the reason is that when ds went to nursery one of his days was a Monday and it used to nark me off no end that I always had to pay for them.!!!!! :blush:

caz3007
29-03-2012, 03:43 PM
I dont charge cos I dont want to work. I got asked to do Good Friday but as hubby is off and DS has a party, said no.

I did work the royal wedding one as hubby was working but did make it clear that we would have the wedding on the tv, cos I wanted to see it :laughing:

The Juggler
29-03-2012, 03:51 PM
i've always charged. I'm prepared to work for triple fee :blush: however, I've just started with a new sibling of one mindee. they are the only family the bank hols really affect as most of them seem to fall in the school hols and all my other families are t-time only.

I've decided to only charge 50% fee for bank hols as don't feel I can charge for both children when not working. I guess that means I shouldn't charge for 1 on that ethic but I know parents get paid BH's from work.

dusky777
01-04-2012, 07:33 PM
I dont charge as i dont want to work them. BUT.....ive just took on a little girl (husbands work mates child) and mum works bank holiday and i have told them i dont work b/h and yet still been asked. I have highlighted this in contract and thursday morning 1st day i get asked again and a sob story about finding someone to look after lo..........and now today my hubby ask why i dont work b/h?!!!!!!!! I could scream, im guessing they have been discussin this at work!!

Oh and dad doesnt work B/H....B/H are for spend it in the pub!!

Monkey26
01-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I don't charge because i don't want to work bank holidays!

However, if i am needed to work (and am free to do so!) i charge double time :thumbsup: xx