PDA

View Full Version : Late fee's letter

Banana
30-05-2008, 01:27 PM
First paragraph has been borrowed from Bromleys website and the rest is what I wrote.

I have attached my fee's/payment policy to the back of the letter as well detailing everything again.

Im a bit scared incase anyone kicks off but I think I have kept it totally professional!

I work as a registered childminder as I love caring for children and supporting their development, however it is my chosen career and business. Like you I too have bills and expenses to meet each month and therefore require a regular income which I rely on being paid on time. I would be grateful if you could ensure that you are prompt in paying your weekly invoice as agreed at our initial contract meeting.

Payment is due weekly or monthly in advance of any childminding services that are being provided. Attached is a copy of the original fee’s policy that was signed and agreed to.

If there is a problem with paying on time then please discuss this with me in advance of the due date.

As from the 1st June 2008 Cheeky Rascals late payment fee will be enforced as unfortunately I need to cover charges I am incurring myself as a result of late payments. Up until now I have waived the fee’s but as it is happening more and more I cannot allow it to continue and hope that you will appreciate why I am enforcing the policy. Please refer again to Cheeky Rascals fee’s policy.

Late payments will be invoiced with the following weeks fee’s.

If you have anything you would like to discuss as a result of this letter, please feel free to discuss this with me.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Lana

Sound ok?

x

ma7ie
30-05-2008, 01:31 PM
It sounds great Lana.

If you don't mind I'm going to pinch it for future use should I need it.

Good luck. Hope you don't get anyone kicking off.

Hannahlg
30-05-2008, 01:32 PM
That looks really good

emler
30-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Sounds perfect Lana :thumbsup:

Emler x

Banana
30-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Of course I dont mind Marie :)

mum picked up early today so just aswell I was all prepared and stuck the letter in the bag cos I think I would have chickend out otherwise. She did pay today though so at least thats one good thing!

Im worried about it now though, im not bothered if she gets funny about it, just dont want her causing any trouble over it!

x

emler
30-05-2008, 01:44 PM
You shouldn't be worrying about it - your letter is a gentle reminder. They are the ones who should worry that they haven't paid you on time.

Emler x

ma7ie
30-05-2008, 01:47 PM
I agree with Emler. Why should she cause trouble over it. She signed your contract agreeing with making payments on time.

I wouldn't give it another thought.

miss muffit
30-05-2008, 02:14 PM
your letter sounds good, my parent that should of paid me on tuesday after the bank holiday didnt pay me till thursday and i was also thinking of giving them a letter to remind them.

so good for you :)

deeb66
30-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I think it is a very good letter Lana....well done.

It is polite and it explains why you will be enforcing the late payment charge.

The parents ought to feel lucky they have got away with paying the fee before now.

The ball is now in their court so to speak and it is their problem if they incur extra fee's in the future!

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I think its great Lana I have a letter almost the same myself that I gave to my parents when they signed contracts to avoid any late payments

Maybe you could change some of the wording and also do the same for new parents

Think its nice and you have not been nasty about it so I dont think any one will be funny about it and if they are well its tough dont you think

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

katickles
30-05-2008, 03:31 PM
I think your letter sound svery profesional - well done you :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
30-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Thats a good letter 'nana. Hope it jolts the lazy/late payers.

Put a PS on the bottom - now gimme my dosh!

miffy
30-05-2008, 05:55 PM
I think it's a great letter Lana

It's very polite and professional - not offensive in any way but makes it clear you mean business and why.

Well done - now make sure you stick to it :thumbsup:

miffy xx

littletreasures
30-05-2008, 06:27 PM
The letter sounds great. Not much they can moan about there, except the payment.

I think you are right to enforce it, now stick to it!!! You have every right to be paid on payment day, not the week after or more.

Good luck

littletreasures

Spangles
30-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Fab letter, it's worded really well and shouldn't annoy anyone.

I will ask advice from you when I'm stuck for words from now on!

Have you had any response from it yet?

Lou
30-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Thats a fab letter Lana, i think it sounds great and very professional and polite!!!

disney
30-05-2008, 07:20 PM
i also think the letter is very goog . dont worry about it i think if the parents stuck to what we all agreed in the contract then you wouldnt have to write it . some parents :angry: x

mrsb
30-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I agree with everyone else, it's a fab letter.

I've borrowed it too, hope that's ok:o i'm lucky and not had any late payers so far but I am currently drawing up a contract for 2 new starters from tuesday and i've heard they are often late in paying so for the first time I am charging them in advance and have stated there will be a £5 per day late payment fee.

chez1373
30-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I think its a great letter wish i could send something like that out i might have to borrow your letter..