PDA

View Full Version : Attachment theory

Polly2
27-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Hi all

Does anyone have a link to an article that is really parent friendly on attachment?

pretty please!! :)

sarah707
27-03-2012, 05:12 PM
there have been a couple in nursery world magazine - have you looked on their website? :D

watgem
27-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't have a link to any websites but Linda Pound's books on theories are very good and understandable to read:)

The Juggler
27-03-2012, 09:28 PM
was going to suggest nursery world archives like Sarah :) they do the 'parents guide to..... ' series they are fab

Polly2
28-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Oh yes I forgot about nursery world - thanks :thumbsup:

Jiorjiina
30-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately most of the nursery world articles are subscriber only. :(

The Juggler
30-03-2012, 01:52 PM
polly i subscribe to NW so I can check the archive if you like. let me know.x

Penny1959
30-03-2012, 06:36 PM
I have got some stuff Polly2 - need to find it - when I do will send to you (need to anyway - as delivering a course on attachments in April.

Do you hve a particular aged child in mind who might be displaying signs of attachment issues - or is it just general information that you want?

Penny :)

Penny1959
30-03-2012, 06:59 PM
I this any good Polly2?

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/parenting_bonding_reactive_attachment_disorder.htm

I have found my other stuff - but don't appear to have your email - so if you need ny more info - pm me your email address

Polly2
31-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I have got some stuff Polly2 - need to find it - when I do will send to you (need to anyway - as delivering a course on attachments in April.

Do you hve a particular aged child in mind who might be displaying signs of attachment issues - or is it just general information that you want?

Reason I wanted something parent friendly is I have a new parent asking if its normal for her previously chilled out 12 month old to get hysterical when passed to strangers. I have been explaining to her about normal attachment behaviour and reassuring her but she is having problems with her partner who is not 'getting' it :rolleyes:
She asked me if I had any information I could print off that she could share with him. Ideally I would like to chat to him but I never see him - I think he lives away.

I also thought it might be useful to include some information in my parent pack. I will probably eventually write something myself but any info you have Penny would be very helpful. I will pm you.

Thanks xx