PDA

View Full Version : Inspection

rhea26
27-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi, I was hoping someone could answer my question, we live in a house but cant use the garden as oh is still working on it, my emergency evacuation plan is to use the front door as if we did go out the back door, (you have to go through a shed/outhouse 1st) then into the garden we couldnt get out as the lane running next to our house has a gate on it which is padlocked the other side, would ofsted be ok with this or do I have to have 2 exits? I suppose its no different to a flat in only having 1 exit door?
Also do they check this at the inspection?

miffy
27-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I suppose you have to consider if there was a fire would you be able to get out of the front door wherever the fire was?

Miffy xx

stardust
27-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi, I was hoping someone could answer my question, we live in a house but cant use the garden as oh is still working on it, my emergency evacuation plan is to use the front door as if we did go out the back door, (you have to go through a shed/outhouse 1st) then into the garden we couldnt get out as the lane running next to our house has a gate on it which is padlocked the other side, would ofsted be ok with this or do I have to have 2 exits? I suppose its no different to a flat in only having 1 exit door?
Also do they check this at the inspection?

I had this come up in my inspection as I wanted to regester my upstairs.
I answered that I have 2 fire blankets at the top of the stairs so that if there was a fire that I could them to wrap around us do we could get to the exits.
My inspector was impressed with this as I had thought outside the box and that I had really thought about the children's safety.
X

Andrea08
27-03-2012, 05:03 PM
hi, i had this prob for a few wks when having my outdoor space decked and again this summer it will be out of bounds...

i just write it up as a risk ass and an action of what work will be done/ how i keep the kids safe/ and est time of completion etc

ofsted like to see we are giving ourselves actions of work and completion followed by how the children accessed area after etc..

x