PDA

View Full Version : REVISED EYFS FRAMEWORK. Download it now!

Mouse
27-03-2012, 12:03 PM
https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/AllPublications/Page1/DFE-00023-2012

Here it is. What we've all been waiting for...

the new and improved (?) EYFS Framework

Playmate
27-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks Mouse, I'm sure it will be an interesting read :D

samd35
27-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Thank you. x

Ripeberry
27-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks, downloaded and printed mine :)

ChocolateChip
27-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks Mouse, you're on the ball!
Will try to find a spare few hours later to have a trawl through :thumbsup:

JCrakers
27-03-2012, 12:35 PM
thanks, replied to your other post...Ive flicked through it just and now I have a headache....bluegh :laughing:
More info overload

Ripeberry
27-03-2012, 12:41 PM
thanks, replied to your other post...Ive flicked through it just and now I have a headache....bluegh :laughing:
More info overload

Same Here! :(

NicoleW
27-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I've read it
I don't understand it

What has changed? I'm so confused

allison
27-03-2012, 12:56 PM
THANKS
IVE GOT IT

Smiley
27-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks, indeed we have been waiting!

The Juggler
27-03-2012, 01:04 PM
thansk Mouse

cara1235
27-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Lovely just printed it, but where are the learning goals in each section ( soz to be a bit thick but you know the charts that we link obs to)

WibbleWobble
27-03-2012, 01:12 PM
hmmm...only bits have changed and really doesnt say much about the age related learning and development goals.

i hope something a bit more informative will come soon

mandy xxxx

Mollymop
27-03-2012, 01:21 PM
http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/early-years-foundation-stage-2012/

Gives you the development matters etc x

BuggsieMoo
27-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for this. Maybe being a bit dim - where is the LG/Developmental areas we link to?

WibbleWobble
27-03-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Development-Matters-in-the-Early-Years-Foundation-Stage.pdf

here are the dev matters.....you are not dim...i had the same thoughts

BuggsieMoo
27-03-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Development-Matters-in-the-Early-Years-Foundation-Stage.pdf

Thank you x

cupcake22
27-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Oh no. What a lot of paper & ink we are going to use..

Cupcake22

rickysmiths
27-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Here is a brief guide as to what has changed.

http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Overall-Reforms-to-the-2012-EYFS-Framework.pdf

They haven't got on the list that it is no longer a requirement for cm to have a Complaints Procedure but they must record any complaints made against them.

Bridey
27-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Exactly where is the 'less paperwork'? :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
27-03-2012, 02:40 PM
we have a training session in May for introduction to new EYFS - this will give me a head start on any questions I need to ask. Thanks. As usual I read it here first :) :rolleyes:

Don't think I can print all that lot and development matters :eek: cost a fortune in ink

Tink
27-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks for this printer printing as I type, looks long though!!!

cherry
27-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks Mouse :thumbsup:

Tink
27-03-2012, 03:08 PM
overall- reform

1 - reduce paperwork:eek:

Where exactly am I missing something?

Andrea08
27-03-2012, 03:17 PM
oh ta ive just posted the link and dont think mine is working... too nice out there to stay in reading esp as im on training tonight too..

sarahjane
27-03-2012, 03:23 PM

Not sure why but I can't get this link to open, any thoughts?:)

Mollymop
27-03-2012, 03:49 PM
This link did open before but it is not working anymore. Wonder why? System overload! LOL. My brain needs a rest too

Andrea08
27-03-2012, 03:59 PM
none of the links are working not even from the email i got from them .. there forum is down too like you said overload lol

does anyone know if we will be issued a hard copy with CD like when EYFS first came out?

got all my tracking etc to re-do under all 7 areas etc etc... a CD would make life easier to print off development matters aspects etc

good luck every one we are to have fun this summer getting paperwork changed!
xx

mindingmummy08
27-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Thank you! Making coffee and sitting down to read.

Those who've printed has it used alot of ink? I don't have lots left and I have all my LJ pics to catch up on for march.

:)

Shivvie
27-03-2012, 04:28 PM

I have hopefully attached the files that I downloaded on to my PC earlier. I apologise if it hasn't worked as I haven't attached files on here before! :o

Mollymop
27-03-2012, 04:55 PM
DOes anyone know if we HAVE to start using the learning goals in September or can we start as soon as we like - I am due my inspection and would like to get myself started on the changes asap!!

loocyloo
27-03-2012, 05:05 PM
DOes anyone know if we HAVE to start using the learning goals in September or can we start as soon as we like - I am due my inspection and would like to get myself started on the changes asap!!

i 'think' that we have to work to the current eyfs until august and then new eyfs from sept :(

i'm overdue an inspection and am going to have to change a few things for the new eyfs.

as an aside ... if we have been filling in/dating etc a 'current' eyfs development matters, i'm presuming that we have to then start on the 'new' development matters and just transfer across the current areas of attainment etc?

Mouse
27-03-2012, 05:06 PM

If it's anything like when EYFS first came in, you have to wait until 1st Sept.

Andrea08
27-03-2012, 05:07 PM

like when EYFS first started you can not start the new before sept 12

have paperwork ready etc and info to parents but start the new development matters and aspects in sept.

im due inspection AUG/sept so im getting it all ready and starting it as soon as i re-open for sept term..

waiting for Blackpool training too as they always want us to go the extra mile and do things differently for the network... might get free sample paperwork too :p

x

Mouse
27-03-2012, 05:09 PM
i 'think' that we have to work to the current eyfs until august and then new eyfs from sept :(

i'm overdue an inspection and am going to have to change a few things for the new eyfs.

as an aside ... if we have been filling in/dating etc a 'current' eyfs development matters, i'm presuming that we have to then start on the 'new' development matters and just transfer across the current areas of attainment etc?

That's what I've been wondering.

At the moment I'm planning to do a round up of all the current info over the summer hols, then start afresh from Sept. I'll keep the old development matters on file, so I'll still have all the dates etc, but won't transfer it over onto anything new.

But I may well change my mind when I have a close look at everything :rolleyes::laughing:

loocyloo
27-03-2012, 05:21 PM
i'm hoping someone somewhere will put all the development matters into a usuable form, with all areas for each age group on a single page! :blush:

'cos whilst i like the way the new eyfs is set out with the 3 sections and that seems simpler and easier to understand, i don't need all the 'what an adult could do/provide' on a form for the childrens development.

do we know if an 'overall' form for the 2 yr olds will be produced, or we'll have to devise our own? after all, the schools are all given profile forms for end of EYFS!

blue bear
27-03-2012, 05:33 PM
thank you!!!!! been so waiting for this..

does any body know if we still need to apply for variations for sibling children? i found that paragraph very confusing, it does not mention contiuation of care as far as i can tell?

watgem
27-03-2012, 05:35 PM
is it just me I've been trying to click on the links in the revised EYFS to get to that early years foundation org I'd like to have get some ideas of organising the 2 year development check as I will have 3 to do from september, has anyone else had any thoughts?

Lady Haha
27-03-2012, 05:37 PM
This is by far the BEST bit for me!

Wrap around and holiday providers
1.3 Wrap around3 and holiday providers4 should be guided by, but do not necessarily need to meet, all the learning and development requirements. Practitioners should discuss with parents and/or carers (and other practitioners and providers as appropriate) the support they intend to offer, seeking to complement learning in settings in which children spend more time.

:clapping:

zippy
27-03-2012, 06:13 PM

I have hopefully attached the files that I downloaded on to my PC earlier. I apologise if it hasn't worked as I haven't attached files on here before! :o

Links work great thanks

LChurch
27-03-2012, 08:49 PM

1.3 Wrap around3 and holiday providers4 should be guided by, but do not necessarily need to meet, all the learning and development requirements. Practitioners should discuss with parents and/or carers (and other practitioners and providers as appropriate) the support they intend to offer, seeking to complement learning in settings in which children spend more time.

I like this too, looks good, at least someone has thought about this at long last!

27-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Does 'wrap around' mean if you care for a child that is in the EYFS age range but is attending preschool more often than being with yourself??? I look after a 4 year old that doesn't start school till Sept. She currently attends preschool 5 mornings a week but only does 2 afternoons a week with me. On the old EYFS I would have been expected to do LJs for her but on the new one is this 'wrap around' care and will I not need to bother????

Mouse
27-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Does 'wrap around' mean if you care for a child that is in the EYFS age range but is attending preschool more often than being with yourself??? I look after a 4 year old that doesn't start school till Sept. She currently attends preschool 5 mornings a week but only does 2 afternoons a week with me. On the old EYFS I would have been expected to do LJs for her but on the new one is this 'wrap around' care and will I not need to bother????

I take wrap around care as being before & after a full school day.

I think it's one of those areas we'll have to wait for full clarification on.

Daisy1956
27-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks Shivvie for the download.:)

SandCastles
27-03-2012, 09:14 PM

thanks for the links, the web sites are down but you are a star for adding them.
Need to get more ink before I print them though!

MagdalenaS
27-03-2012, 09:33 PM
I can not open this page :(

sarah707
27-03-2012, 09:41 PM
I can not open this page :(

The website overloaded... it will hopefully be back up tomorrow.

You can't get attachments off the forum because you are a new member - the forum protects downloads.

The revised Eyfs doesn't come in until September so you have plenty of time!

I hope you are enjoying the forum :D

SCS
28-03-2012, 08:52 AM
:panic::mad:#I cant get them cos im too new, any idea where i can find them without using these links???

teacake2
28-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Every time I try to open anything it shows me a box saying adobe reader, now I have the upto date version of this so I am not sure what I need to do any ideas anyone? I have managed to open a couple of links off the forum but according to the foundation page there are quite a lot more that I need e.g. the thing about 2 year olds, so if anyone can email them to me I would be most appreciative or pm me with any advice.
Thank you
Teacake2

mandy g 35
28-03-2012, 10:40 AM
:panic: thanks

Roseolivia
28-03-2012, 10:52 AM

So does this mean we as childminders who offer before/after school care and maybe holiday care (over 4's who are in full time education)don't necessarily have to meet the requirements?

Bridey
28-03-2012, 11:30 AM
So does this mean we as childminders who offer before/after school care and maybe holiday care (over 4's who are in full time education)don't necessarily have to meet the requirements?

No, it means we don't have to meet ALL the learning and development requirements. I found the following Ofsted document very helpful when working out what was expected of me as an afterschool childminder - its seems that the EYFS has been altered to agree with this inspection process which is a relief. It certainly doesn't mean that we don't have to deliver it all!

Whoops! Forgot the link!! Here you go ... http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-inspecting-early-years-provision-made-or-after-school-or-during-school-holidays