PDA

View Full Version : Chicken pox. HELP

cupcake22
27-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Morning i need help a bit quick. Child went home from here last Thursday with chicken pox.. Mum has just text text me & said that he seems fine & that spots are nearly gone ( She hates being home with him when he is sick) She has asked if he can come back tomorrow. What do i say because i wasnt expecting him to be back this week. Have a 1 yr old here & a 6 mth old coming for settling session tomorrow.. What are the guuild lines & what is the website that has been mentioned on here about exclusions times Thanlk you in advance

Panicing now incase she rings although I will not answer until I have heard back from you lovely people

Cupcake22

Mouse
27-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Guidelines are that they need to be off for 5 days from the outset of spots, so I'd say mindee is fine to come back tomorrow.

Why don't you want him back if mum is saying the spots are nearly all gone and he is ok?

QualityCare
27-03-2012, 10:32 AM
As long as all the spots are crusted over he is not contagious so he is fine to come back.

cupcake22
27-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Guidelines are that they need to be off for 5 days from the outset of spots, so I'd say mindee is fine to come back tomorrow.

Why don't you want him back if mum is saying the spots are nearly all gone and he is ok?

Because everytime he is ill i never get the full story as they just dump & run. They always say he is fine & never is & when i mention things their answer is " yeah he was like that last night"

Cupcake22

Mouse
27-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Because everytime he is ill i never get the full story as they just dump & run. They always say he is fine & never is & when i mention things their answer is " yeah he was like that last night"

Cupcake22

In that case I would say he can come back (he's outside the exclusion period), but if he shows signs of still being unwell you will phone for him to be collected. You can't really exclude him if he's over the exclusion time and mum is saying he is fine.

cara1235
27-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Guidelines state exclude for 5 to 10 days from onset of spots or until ALL spots have crusted over, i had a lo who had them and they all crusted over apart from 1 on his hand so i refused to have him back until that had crusted.

cupcake22
27-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Guidelines state exclude for 5 to 10 days from onset of spots or until ALL spots have crusted over, i had a lo who had them and they all crusted over apart from 1 on his hand so i refused to have him back until that had crusted.

Thank you What is the website that these guidlines are published on please xx

Cupcake22

Mouse
27-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Thank you What is the website that these guidlines are published on please xx

Cupcake22

I always use the HPA guidelines, where it says 5 days.

http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947358374

BuggsieMoo
27-03-2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1203496946639

Just download it (I have a copy in my accident/incident book and on my notice board) and look under the heading Chicken Pox

cupcake22
27-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks everyone for your help & details of the web address. I have printed it off to keep in my files. Did have a copy but it seems to have drowned in the sea of paperwork that is in my home!!

Cupcake22

miffy
27-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Make sure mum understands that all the spots must have crusted over before you have him back.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
27-03-2012, 09:33 PM
5 days min and all spots crusted over :) mind you my mindee came back yesterday (broke out last Tues). spots fine but she is really poorly bless her - sooo tired.