PDA

View Full Version : Daybreak Programme & Revised EYFS

Blue Boy
27-03-2012, 07:19 AM
How many of you saw the Daybreak programme this morning where the proposed revision to the EYFS was discussed? As usual Childminder's were not mentioned:angry: I sent the folowing email to the programme to say that it was not right and that we should get our rightful recognition.

Good morning, I watched this morning with interest for details of the proposed revision of the Early Years Foundation stage. Whilst I agree that there was a very good discussion I would like to point out that Childminders were not mentioned in this article. I work along side my wife as Ofsted Registered Childminder's in Watford, Hertfordshire. We like all other childminder's have to work to the EYFS but this is very rarely recognised. It was pointed out that Nursery workers may have to work until 11 o'clock to complete paperwork. We start at 7am when the first child arrives & the last one leaves at 6:30pm, we then have to complete the required paperwork. Once again it would appear that childminder's are forgotten about and is still not seen as a professional body alongside Pre-Schools & Nurseries.

I feel that the balance should be addressed and that childminder's are rightfully recognised for the work and hours we put in within the childcare field.

Regards

Mick McGeown
Ofsted Graded Outstanding Childminder

I received the following response:

Thank you for your message.

Please be assured that your feedback, comments and programme suggestions are all read and where appropriate, noted and passed on to the relevant department.

We will do our very best to respond to programme enquiries.

Thank you for your interest in Daybreak and Lorraine.

I have set sky to record the remainder of the programme to see if anything is mentioned. Will keep you updated:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
27-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Didn't see it - will look on +1 and see if I can catch it there if I am not too late.

Yet again bog standard reply for now - hope you hear more back

Blue Boy
27-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Didn't see it - will look on +1 and see if I can catch it there if I am not too late.

Yet again bog standard reply for now - hope you hear more back

It was on just before 7.

PixiePetal
27-03-2012, 07:33 AM
It was on just before 7.

missed it then. typical, doing it so early!

rickysmiths
27-03-2012, 07:44 AM
missed it then. typical, doing it so early!

I have just had a look and it should be available to watch online. They have yesterdays programme online now so todays may take until tomorrow.

Just google ITV Daybreak online :thumbsup:

I missed it too!! I watch the other side. Why is it the researchers never consult NCMA before such programmmes? or are NCMA ignoring them? Won't be able to when they represent all day care will they!!

Playmate
27-03-2012, 07:49 AM
I have just had a look and it should be available to watch online. They have yesterdays programme online now so todays may take until tomorrow.

I missed it too!! I watch the other side. Why is it the researchers never consult NCMA before such programmmes? or are NCMA ignoring them? Won't be able to when they represent all day care will they!!

My sentiments exactly :D

Blue Boy
27-03-2012, 07:49 AM

I am not saying a word:rolleyes:

rickysmiths
27-03-2012, 07:57 AM
I am not saying a word:rolleyes:

Oh you coward!!!!!