PDA

View Full Version : When do WE get a day off??

buzzy bee
27-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Grr. OH has taken today off work so he can spend the day with his friend...

Normally in the mornings he gets up with DS (2) so I can get ready, then once I'm ready we swap and I go downstairs so he can get ready.

But today, because he's having a day off, he's decided he's having a lie-in so I have to get up with DS and somehow get myself ready aswell.

Well I suppose that's ok that he should have a lie-in on his day off but I did point out to him that I never get to have a day off because even if I'm not working I still have DS to look after. Do you know what he said to me?? "You chose to be a childminder and a mum" !! :eek:

Grr. Men.

miffy
27-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Well I suppose that's ok that he should have a lie-in on his day off but I did point out to him that I never get to have a day off because even if I'm not working I still have DS to look after. Do you know what he said to me?? "You chose to be a childminder and a mum" !! :eek:

Grr. Men.

And he is still alive?

Miffy xx

Playmate
27-03-2012, 06:46 AM
And he is still alive?

Miffy xx

:laughing::laughing: that was my thought too :D

tashaleee
27-03-2012, 06:49 AM
And he is still alive?

Miffy xx

I thought that as well :laughing:

tashaleee
27-03-2012, 06:50 AM
Just read that to my DH whose reply was 'ooopppss'

buzzy bee
27-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Ha ha!!

Glad it's not just me overreacting!

Well let's just say I won't be making any extra effort to keep the kids quiet thismorning. In fact we might just skip toddler group and stay home :laughing:

tialil
27-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Ha ha!!

Glad it's not just me overreacting!

Well let's just say I won't be making any extra effort to keep the kids quiet thismorning. In fact we might just skip toddler group and stay home :laughing:

How about having a music session as well, so many sounds to be discovered ;)

rickysmiths
27-03-2012, 07:46 AM
And he is still alive?

Miffy xx

Those were my thoughts!!! Time to plan a Sat out without DS me thinks. :thumbsup:

Mouse
27-03-2012, 08:31 AM
And he is still alive?

Miffy xx

:laughing::laughing:

My husband used to think the same way...not any more though after I gave him a little talking to... :littleangel:

stardust
27-03-2012, 08:48 AM
I often get comments like that from my other half, I would get little one ready and then put little one on the bed with dad whilst I got ready. My little one is 9 months so would happily sit and pull my other halfs hair and climb over him.

Some Men are so inconsiderate sometimes, If I had 1 wish it would be for my other half to relive the past year in my shoes.
Although that said when my cousin was complaining about his kidney stones his girlfriend said stop complaining its just like having a baby remember you said it was easy so this should be a breeze for you.

SamBaker
27-03-2012, 09:40 AM
And he is still alive?

Miffy xx

I would remind him he has to sleep at some point with a pillow in your hand :laughing:

gegele
27-03-2012, 09:46 AM
someone looked at me like if i was the worst mum in the world as i suggested that the perfect day for me for mother's day would be a whole day with NO children!!!!:D

I know it sounds harsh but as i have no family around i have my kids everyday, every night, with hubby we had 1day and night alone in may2011 it was the first since ages...... I need to have time to miss my children to appreciate them more when i see them...

AND i need to feel like i have a day off work!!:blush:

if it makes me evil, well so be it.

Hayley102
27-03-2012, 09:46 AM
my other half often says "I don't know how you do it!" but doesn't really make any effort to help! I have booked myself into a spa for 3 nights next week (going with a friend). He has to take the time off work to look after our children but I have booked them into various activities during the day! I don't know why we do it:laughing:

Tink
27-03-2012, 09:59 AM
It will be all over the news later husband gets smothered with pillow:laughing:

Poor you I know how you feel, we never stop or get a day off we work 24/7 I keep saying if there is such a thing as coming back as something else when you die I am definitely coming back as a man!!!!!

loocyloo
27-03-2012, 09:59 AM
someone looked at me like if i was the worst mum in the world as i suggested that the perfect day for me for mother's day would be a whole day with NO children!!!!:D

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

that would be a perfect mothers day!

dh is quite good, but seems to think that just because he is having a day off, going in late whatever, that no one else needs to get up/use bathroom etc! and if i'm ever out for the day on a course or whatever, i used to make sure i'd organised meals etc, but now my 2 are older i don't so much, but if i ask him to make sure the washing is put out or brought in etc, he never has time :rolleyes:

snufflepuff
27-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Oh dear! Some men just have no idea!

My OH says things like 'I never get 5 minutes to myself' meaning 5 minutes where DS isn't pestering him or playing up....it seems he forgets the 9 hours each day while he is at work!!

JCrakers
27-03-2012, 10:12 AM

I know it sounds harsh but as i have no family around i have my kids everyday, every night, with hubby we had 1day and night alone in may2011 it was the first since ages...... I need to have time to miss my children to appreciate them more when i see them...

AND i need to feel like i have a day off work!!:blush:

if it makes me evil, well so be it.

That's like me...a day without the kids would be bliss :D
We all need time to ourselves. My dd is going on school trip to PGL in sept for 5 nights.....I can't bloo*y wait...:clapping:

buzzy bee
27-03-2012, 11:08 AM
But other mums go to work and have time away from their kids - we're with our kids ALL the time. And yes we did choose our career (for that very reason in my case!)

But time away from our kids IS important - for us and for them.

So don't feel evil, you're just human!!

buzzy bee
27-03-2012, 11:09 AM
my other half often says "I don't know how you do it!" but doesn't really make any effort to help! I have booked myself into a spa for 3 nights next week (going with a friend). He has to take the time off work to look after our children but I have booked them into various activities during the day! I don't know why we do it:laughing:

I wish my OH would at least acknowledge that - even if he did nothing about it!! I'd do anything to him him say those words!

Jods
27-03-2012, 11:31 AM
lol!!! I have just given up with it all head down and crack on, apart from illness I have no Idea when I had a OH and kid free day!! my girls are now old enough to fend for themselves (10 and 15) and are trained to the hilt, and do go off and do their own things, as for the OH.............................................. :mad:

caz3007
27-03-2012, 11:33 AM
My hubby is pretty good but my idea of bliss for mothers day would be to be staying alone for the night in a lovely little B&B with a pile of magazines and being able to stay in bed all day if the mood took me.

Although he is pretty good he thinks nothing of sitting for hours at the weekend watching the sport on the tv or supporting the local footie club, he gets time to himself but I find it hard to ask for time for me.

I am planning a trip to my DD's in May. Finish early on Friday night and come back on Sunday when I have sobered up....she runs her own pub :laughing: