PDA

View Full Version : all my booklets...

emmadines
30-05-2008, 09:17 AM
have finally arrived!! and i am now public liability insured!!!:clapping: :clapping:

should i have this certificate on show: ie on the wall???

xxx

miss muffit
30-05-2008, 09:26 AM
yes it should be on show, i would photo copy it and keep original one in my portfolio

emmadines
30-05-2008, 09:26 AM
yes it should be on show, i would photo copy it and keep original one in my portfolio

thankyou xxx

cloud9
30-05-2008, 09:36 AM
have finally arrived!! and i am now public liability insured!!!:clapping: :clapping:

should i have this certificate on show: ie on the wall???

xxx

Yep they all have to go on our walls and of course they look so nice!!::joker:

emmadines
30-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Yep they all have to go on our walls and of course they look so nice!!::joker:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

chez1373
30-05-2008, 12:18 PM
I had my inspection the other day and was not told to put insurance up on the wall my reg cert was up along with the poster....

The inspector didnt pick up on it at all yet she asked to see the reg cert and poster..

Mrs.L.C
30-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Does it realy have to be on the wall? Iv been minding for almost 5 years and just have it in the folder that I show parents and not my development worker or ofsted have said anything just asked if I have it. I think everyone gets told different things and thats so confusing

Mrs.L.C
30-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Told dif things from ofsted i mean

Hannahlg
30-05-2008, 01:34 PM
we have ours in our file

miffy
30-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Does it realy have to be on the wall? Iv been minding for almost 5 years and just have it in the folder that I show parents and not my development worker or ofsted have said anything just asked if I have it. I think everyone gets told different things and thats so confusing

I think it depends on the inspector (once again) - it should be "on display" - some inspectors would not accept it being in a folder.

I have mine in photo frames which I put away in a drawer when I'm not working

miffy xx

hello kitty
30-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Doesn't this come under the EYFS wef Sept?

christine e
30-05-2008, 06:21 PM
It is my understanding that at the moment you do not have to display PL cert but you do when EYFS comes into force so I would put it up now so you don't forget

Christine

berkschick
30-05-2008, 06:31 PM
My inspector looked for it at my inspection this week. Luckily it was up on the wall!

Spangles
30-05-2008, 06:47 PM
I thought it was best practice to put it up on your wall?

I'm sure when I worked in an office every building had to have a copy of it on display in the entrance.

Lou
30-05-2008, 06:49 PM
OOHHH glad i read this, i dont have mine on wall, just in file.

Have registration cert and poster up on show.

Will have to put insurance cert up too then, mind you ofsted didnt question it whn they came 6 months ago.

emmadines
01-06-2008, 08:50 PM
It is my understanding that at the moment you do not have to display PL cert but you do when EYFS comes into force so I would put it up now so you don't forget

Christine

might as well just put it up then! im putting mine in those clear picture frames (the ones that dont actually have the frames :confused: :panic: :laughing: )

charleyfarley
01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
When I was inspected I just had it in my folder although since then I've put it in a frame on the playroom wall along with all the other certificates we have to display.

Carol xx

childminder54
01-06-2008, 10:34 PM
mine has always been in folder not heard this before ive not got poster been minding for a long time i cannot keep up with all this differant stuff. wish i was still regersted with social services it was great..
veronicaxx

hbomb1
02-06-2008, 06:32 AM
I have laminated my PL cert, Ofsted poster and certificate and blu-tacked them to the wall. :D

caza
02-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Do all these things have to be displayed somewhere where they will be seen as soon as someone comes into the house or could I have a notice board up in my spare room for example which I will be using as a play room?

miss muffit
02-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi mine are on a peg board that is prop up near the front door and when im not working it can be put away, i have also covered up my registration number with a sticky label :)

brillminder
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
need to get mine out then :)

hello kitty
02-06-2008, 04:50 PM
I did have mine in my playroom but I am sure somewhere it says it has to be where everyone can see it. So if they do not go into the playroom they would not see it iyswim.:rolleyes:

Rubybubbles
03-06-2008, 05:13 PM
I recieved this in email

You should by now, all be aware that as of September 08 we will no longer have
National Standards for Under 8's Day Care and Childminding
Birth to three Matters
Curriculum Guidance in the Foundation Stage
Instead we will have just the one document - Early Years Foundation Stage.

Although this does not take effect until September 08 there have already been some changes. Please find attached a table of these changes. I have also attached the up to date Statutory Guidance.

the main changes to the original EYFS documents are as follows
Observations - It is now not a requirement that childminders write observations. However it is good practice to write your observations of the children in your care.
Medication - this has been re-worded. please read page 26 for up to date requirements.
Public Liability Insurance - the requirement to have your PLI certificate displayed on a wall, has been removed. Outings - read page 24 for clarification of risk assessments. the requirement to undertake risk assessments for each 'specific' outing has been changed to each 'type of' outing.
NCMA are not delivering any EYFS training courses from July onwards. If you have not had any training, please book onto Beds CC training which will be advertised in their next training directory due out in the next few weeks. I would also recommend that you attend 'Look, Listen and Note' and 'EYFS observation and Planning'.

Outdoor Play - EYFS states that wherever possible children should have access to the outside every day. They have not given an amount of time that children should be outside as this will depend on the weather and the children's stage of development.

If you have not done so I would recommend that you look at the CD Rom as it has a vast amount of information on it. to open some of the documents you will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer and for others you will need to be online.

For those of you who are considering doing observations on the children in your care, the advice given by Beds CC is that for each full time child it is good practice to do 5 'post it' note observations a week and one more in depth observation every 4-6 weeks. for part time children this would be reduced accordingly.

If you have not had an EYFS pack call 08456 022260

if you have any questions please contact either myself or your development worker

Serreta Pritchard

This was on 22/5/08 not sure how valid it is now lol!

But then I have always displayed my reg and pl:laughing:

Rubybubbles
03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
just checked and this is taken from the updated May 2008 Statutory Guidance