PDA

View Full Version : Playing with ice....

SimplyLucy
30-05-2008, 09:17 AM
I carefully filled rubber gloves and froze them the other day. The last few days I've been emptying the ice maker box into bags in the freezer for a few days.

Today I have just presented the mindees aged 2x 7 and 4 and my own children aged 9, 8, 6 and 4 with a shallow tub trug full of ice cubes and hands.:D

I'm watching and listening from a distance.

It's all going well apart from my DS (:angry: ) who is frantically trying to melt some of the fingers on his hand to make rude signs! Don't think I'll write that in my ob's!

Why do 9 year old boys have to be so annoying! I don't want to interupt the play but might have to. I'm hoping he'll lose interest in a mo!:mad:

emmadines
30-05-2008, 09:24 AM
I carefully filled rubber gloves and froze them the other day. The last few days I've been emptying the ice maker box into bags in the freezer for a few days.

Today I have just presented the mindees aged 2x 7 and 4 and my own children aged 9, 8, 6 and 4 with a shallow tub trug full of ice cubes and hands.:D

I'm watching and listening from a distance.

It's all going well apart from my DS (:angry: ) who is frantically trying to melt some of the fingers on his hand to make rude signs! Don't think I'll write that in my ob's!

Why do 9 year old boys have to be so annoying! I don't want to interupt the play but might have to. I'm hoping he'll lose interest in a mo!:mad:

sorry i had to giggle lol not that i approve of children and rude signs but...... give him credit for imagination lol

miss muffit
30-05-2008, 09:28 AM
:laughing: :laughing:

boys will be boys!!!!

Jinx
30-05-2008, 09:38 AM
That is funny. :laughing:

Great idea....the ice freezing one, that is! :laughing:
Might do that when the weather warms up a bit.

Jinx x

SimplyLucy
30-05-2008, 10:26 AM
My DS failed his mission after I offered to help! I accidently dropped his ice hand and all the fingers snapped off! :D Fortuatly he laughed :laughing: .

All children are now armed with wooden spoons making farm animals and dinosaur stew! It's very funny............they look like witches huddled round a couldren!

Pipsqueak
30-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Brilliant idea:clapping: Might pinch that one!

(As for the rude signs, my boys when they get the opportunity to make a snowman - few and far between - always make a male snowman, how do I know it is, it has correct dingly dangly bits!! lol)

BOYS.......

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Sounds like great fun

Those little boys grow into bigger boys and get worse so make the most of it now haha

Angel xx

chez1373
30-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Does sound like good fun i think i might do this myself i dont start til 4pm this afternoon

susi513
30-05-2008, 12:17 PM
DD had me in stitches when we had a go at that. She was pretending to do a televised operation - she was the interviewer/surgeon & everything.

Another good one is to put some durable toys in a container of water to freeze. Someone brought in one of these on the first training session I ever went on.

Susi

bluestar
30-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I agree ice play can be brilliant - I love to freeze things inside blocks and they let the children work out how to get them out - great for problem solving:)

emler
30-05-2008, 12:29 PM
This thread has made me laugh - boys!!!!

Emler x

louise
30-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I done this and they loved it. I froze a fish in a pot my DS didn't like it so i told him to drop it they then had fun smashing it. I also added blue food colouring and glitter in some of them. I got some great pics and they loved it.

ajs
30-05-2008, 08:23 PM
my los and i are doing spiders this week and next week and my daughter bought me some joke ones yesterday, they are tiny each as small as a finger nail. i didn't know what to do with them but now i know
i am going to freeze them in ice cube trays and give them to the kids.
watch this space i'll let you know what they say/do

thanks for the lovely ideas

miffy
30-05-2008, 08:24 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Boys!!!!!!!

miffy xx

manjay
30-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Any ideas which part of elmer elephant I could freeze?

jaja
31-05-2008, 09:39 PM
That sounds like fun, i might have to have a go! xxx

Wendy Woo
31-05-2008, 09:40 PM
sorry i had to giggle lol not that i approve of children and rude signs but...... give him credit for imagination lol

i agree funny tee hee:laughing:

Cammie Doodle
01-06-2008, 09:05 AM

disney
01-06-2008, 07:40 PM
that sounds like alot of fun :laughing: x

miffy
01-06-2008, 07:42 PM

None whatsoever ;)

miffy xx

JazzyL
01-06-2008, 07:47 PM
:blush: what about elmers long . . . trunk!:blush:

charleyfarley
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Or his short tail :rolleyes:

Carol xx

manjay
01-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey!!! I was actually being serious this time:rolleyes: I know it doesn't happen very often but I was:D

Rubybubbles
01-06-2008, 09:25 PM
this thread made my laugh how funny:laughing:

but also top idea thanks:jump for joy:

Splish Splosh
02-06-2008, 07:44 AM
this sounds great will have ago soon:thumbsup:

breezy
02-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Brilliant idea:clapping: Might pinch that one!

(As for the rude signs, my boys when they get the opportunity to make a snowman - few and far between - always make a male snowman, how do I know it is, it has correct dingly dangly bits!! lol)

BOYS.......

my son does that " cos snowMEN have to have snowBALLS!!!":laughing:

foxy lady
02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
thats a great idea , your ds sounds full of mischief ha ha bless him

SimplyLucy
02-06-2008, 09:38 AM

You could freeze coloured squares of fabric in a big block of ice and make a picture of Elmer once you have got them all out!