PDA

View Full Version : Notice letter

MagdalenaS
25-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi,

I am new childminder and unfortunately I need to write notice letter to one of my parents. I have no idea how to start it. Does someone have sample letter with I can use. I got problems with mum, she is never paid on time, she is often running late to collect her DD and we just dont get along.

Please help

rickysmiths
26-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi there and welcome.

Giving notice is hard and the best thing to do is keep it simple.

'It is with regret due to a change in circumstances I have to give 4 weeks notice. This means that the last day of care will be.........

(Then add any info about how you deal with any deposit held and what fees will be due to the end of the contract)

If you are in receipt of Tax Credits to help pay for your childcare costs you will need to inform them of the change in your childcare arrangements.

I have enjoyed caring for xxxxx and wish you luck in the future.

Hope this helps. The key is to remember that you don't have to give a detailed reason for giving notice any more than a parent would have to give you one so keep it crisp but professional and don't get drawn into any discussions about it.

MagdalenaS
26-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Thank you very much for help with this letter.
I have got one more question. I need to give this notice today but unfortunately mum is away, dad should bring child in and he didn't because she was ill. I sent notice letter by e-mail and I am going to put it in post tomorrow. Is this enough or should I do something more?

sarah707
27-03-2012, 09:47 PM
I think that's enough... email and then post. I would send by post that is signed for at the other end so you have evidence it has been received.

:D

MagdalenaS
27-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanx. Its been hard day for me. I mindee didnt come at all, I can not get in touch with mum ... and i am wondering if she will still bring her in for next 6 weeks (thats my notice time).
what should i do if not, i am going to lose £600
:(

Erika
30-03-2012, 09:17 PM
If she doesn't pay you then you will need to enforce the contract to recover the fees owed. Contact whomever you are insured with (NMCA or MM) and they will guide you through the process.

rickysmiths
30-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Golly six weeks is a long notice time. NCMA recommend a max of 4 weeks.

Personally I take a 4 weeks fees deposit when parents sign a contract and keep it until the end to cover the notice period. That way i am not out of pocket at then end.