PDA

View Full Version : 7 seater cars

Bananabrain
25-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Hi guys, am in the process of registering my husband as my assistant.
We are looking at getting a bigger car but as I don't drive, I really don't know where to start. Would be really interested to know what you guys drive [if anyone knows about big cars, childminders do!]
Obviously need one that doesn't drink fuel, is reliable, easy to park and easy access to Lo's in back.
Be great to hear all your experiences and recommendations [including ones you wouldn't touch:laughing:]

Tatjana
25-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I bought a 6 seater Ford Galaxy when I started minding, I now have a newer 7seater Ford Galaxy, very reliable and easy access to all seats.:thumbsup:

Monkey26
25-03-2012, 04:40 PM
I have just, this afternoon, purchased a Citroen c8 :blush::D

So my trusty Renault grand scenic (7 seats) is up for sale if your near Devon?! Xx

Helen Dempster
25-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I have a 7 seater Ford Galaxy. Only problem is (I find) is that when all the seats are in use, there's not a great deal of boot space, and also it's quite expensive to fill up, but other than that, I love it :)

Wendybird
25-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I don't know anything as I don't have one (yet), but am looking at the Ford S-Max and the Mazda 5. I don't want anything giant, but need to get four car seats in, another adult and the double buggy. Will watch this thread with interest ;)

LauraS
25-03-2012, 07:49 PM
We have a Renault Grand Scenic which is a five seater with two additional seats in the boot. We're looking to replace it within the next year or so as, with four children, we have outgrown it. The two back (folding) seats and the middle seat in the second row are not full size. This means that you can't fit three car seats/booster seats in the middle row properly. We have had a car seat and two boosters there, but it's a big struggle to get the seat belts done up. The leg room in the back row is non-existent and when both back seats are up, so it boot space. I can't fit my single pushchair in there with both seats up. Having said that, it is an excellent car for a three-child family - really flexible.

If you need more than five seats on a regular basis, I'd go for something much bigger. We're looking at having something like a Mercedes Vito next :)

Bluebell
25-03-2012, 09:55 PM
I have just, this afternoon, purchased a Citroen c8 :blush::D

So my trusty Renault grand scenic (7 seats) is up for sale if your near Devon?! Xx

I am in Devon and want a 7 seater but why are you selling it?! Also don't laugh but the first time I read that I thought it said my rusty renault scenic...!! :o

green4lynn
26-03-2012, 07:16 AM
I've got a Mazda MPV. Its the older version of the Mazda 5, and I love it. It has sliding rear doors, plenty of boot space when all the seats are in use. All the seats are full size although the middle seat only has a lap belt! Mine is a 2ltr diesel and isn't too thirsty. I paid £3,000 a year ago, it only had 45,000 on the clock (its a 2003 model).
Hope this helps you make a choice!

Lynn

Karaza
26-03-2012, 07:39 AM
I have recently bought a citroen synergie and love it. It has 7 seats in a 2,3,2, combination. The boot is big enough for a double pushchair and two singles. I have put the toddler seats across the middle row (centre seat is lap only) the older ones go in very back but easy to do their seat belts up through the boot. The middle doors slide open so very easy to get toddlers in and less hazardous if you have to get them out on busy roads (or roads like mine that have no pavement:rolleyes:) All for under £1000

christine e
26-03-2012, 08:30 AM
I love my Renault Grand Scenic. As said previously not a lot of space in the third row but I put the baby car seats there - I find the boot space ok - can get my McClaren side by side double pushchair in easily although not a lot of space for anything else. Think it all depends on individual needs!

cockatoos
26-03-2012, 10:13 AM
We've just purchased a 2 year old grand scenic and you can get booster or car seat in middle seat middle row (there are 3 isofix points) and car seats can easily be put in back row. My 10 year old son fits in the back with adequate leg room. We bought it as we only have 2 children so really only need the extra seats when childminding. Huge boot as a 5 seater, currently trying to work out what double buggy will go in when all seats are in use (certainly not my jane twin!).

Monkey26
26-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I am in Devon and want a 7 seater but why are you selling it?! Also don't laugh but the first time I read that I thought it said my rusty renault scenic...!! :o

I am selling it, simply because i need an 8 seater! So i have bought a Citroen c8 which can take 7 or 8 seat combination :)

PM me if you want to come view it... i love it, i've just outgrown it!! x

funemnx
26-03-2012, 05:00 PM
I had a Nissan Serena 8 seater 2, 3, 3. I liked it because it was good on fuel (diesel). Insurance for me was under £200 a year, and the boot was great for my single, plus double, plus bags. The seats were all big enough for car seats/boosters too, plus leg room and sliding doors which made getting the children in and out much easier :thumbsup:

mrs robbie williams
26-03-2012, 06:13 PM
i had a chrysler grand voyager which was lovely to drive, extremely spacious but way too expensive to run, it is being sold on ebay which im gutted about BUT ive now got a zafira, but am finding although it is lovely to drive, very spacious (with the back two seats down) but when those seats are up and in use the boot is tiny. I would love a kia sedona but cant afford one yet xx

Boris
26-03-2012, 06:53 PM
I have a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. It's a 7 seater. I love it. So nice to drive, comfy and plenty of space. Although with all 7 seats up there isn't much boot space.

francinejayne
26-03-2012, 06:57 PM
I don't know anything as I don't have one (yet), but am looking at the Ford S-Max and the Mazda 5. I don't want anything giant, but need to get four car seats in, another adult and the double buggy. Will watch this thread with interest ;)

I have a Mazda 5 (newer version than green4lynn, mine is an 07 plate)

pros -
-economical - 2 litre diesel
-love the rear sliding doors
-can 'hide' the middle seat of the 2nd row to turn it into a 6 seater and provide more room
-lots of areas for storage under the seats

cons -
-when all seats are in use it has a small boot space - it is smaller than my friend's Renault Scenic by quite a %
-can't think of any more!!