PDA

View Full Version : What mobile phone do you use?

Bluebell
25-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi which mobile phone do you use? are you on a tariff? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I am thinking of going on to a tariff but it is soooo confusing - there are so many different mobile phone! Ideally I want something to text with but something that has good coverage and holds it charge so if I need to make an emergency call I can depend on it.

If I can get a phone that includes internet coverage then all the better but not essential.

I don't want to spend a huge amount monthly so the phones that seem to be coming up on the lower tarrifs are samsung galaxy y, nokia asha, blackberry curve /torch, HTC wildfire.

I have a really cheap phone at the moment as pay as you go and it does the basics but is not user friendly and i can't rely on it because it keeps losing the signal then i have to turn it off and turn it back on again!

I'm with t-mobile at the moment but not worried about staying with them if I can take my number!

I like the idea of the ones with the touch screen and the keyboard as the keyboard might be easier to text.

Any advice appreciated.

rickysmiths
25-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I have a 6 year old basic Nokia with a Tesco mobile pay as you go sim. I spend about £10 a month for all my calls and texts because I get so much free credit from them.

appleblossom
25-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I have a very basic Nokia on O2 PAYG. I only use it for calls and texts, no photos or web use. (On my most recent safeguarding course we were advised not to take photos with our phones).

My phone suits me fine and is cheap to run. I get free minutes every month. Don't use it much really.

WibbleWobble
25-03-2012, 02:48 PM
i have an iphone 3g....it is katies cast off. I have a £15 a month sim card which lets me surf the net etc xxxx

kel1983
25-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I have a £10 a month rolling contract with tesco which gives me hundreds of free minutes, texts and am able to surf the net from it.

I had to buy a phone but was offered a samsung galaxy at a very good price 2nd hand. Absaloutly brilliant phone (not a fan of Apple) Came in very handy the other week when we got a little lost. Used the gps to find our route.

I also like to know I have crredit at all times in case of an emergency.

sarah707
25-03-2012, 03:27 PM
I have a samsung jet - it drives me potty because the dictionary keeps wrong words and I can't delete them so texting takes me forever.

I have a pretty good tmobile deal - texts, calls and enough internet for my needs for £15 a month.

I want a samsung galaxy next :clapping: I'm keeping my eye open for a well priced second hand one...

Although dd has just been given an iphone and I have to say it's veeeeeery nice :laughing:

caz3007
25-03-2012, 03:33 PM
I have a blackberry on a Virgin contract which costs me £15.99 with minutes, loads of texts and internet access. I love the keyboard as tried with a touchscreen and kept getting it a right mess with it.

I was with Tmobile for years and years and took my number with me

LOOPYLISA
25-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Me and hubby have a iphone, on his buisness contract, i have no idea what he pays either, not alot of help :blush: but the phone is :thumbsup: :-)

Tatjana
25-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Blackberry, £20 a month, 100 mins free calls, unlimited texts and internet use.

hth

FussyElmo
25-03-2012, 06:19 PM
£25 a month 300 mins unlimited texts and internet (not sure how much) and its a htc legend.

Will be upgrading to samsung galaxy in May :thumbsup:

fionamal
25-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Ive got the new Nokia Lumia 800 on a vodafone contract for £25 per month.

Must say its fab especially since its a windows phone so can email word docs etc instantly when out and about

PixiePetal
25-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I have a basic Nokia phone - had it about 3 years. It has been dropped down the stairs, fallen out of pockets onto pavements and parks and still it works :thumbsup:

PAYG I put £10 a month on for 300 texts and the cash for calls. Never use it up though so balance goes up and up till I go away for a weekend and use it to call family.

The battery does not last long now so will have to replace but not sure what for. Would like one I can use an app on for geocaching :thumbsup:

Bluebell
25-03-2012, 09:51 PM
thank you all - theres so much choice its a bit overwhelming! In the end I chose my tariff and it only had 2 free phones so that narrowed it down. I've gone with virgin 10.99 a month which is 100 minutes, 500 texts and 500mb internet and chose the HTC wildfire S

It had better reviews than the other phone which was a samsung galaxy Y

EmmaReed84
26-03-2012, 05:42 AM
I have an old tarif I get £244 worth of credit a month to spend on Calls, Texts, Pics. I can also call 08 and some abroad numbers and I get unlimited internet for... £17.50 a month... granted I am on a half price for life, line rental lol

I DID have the Samsung Galaxy SII Which was my baby,until I had it in my jeans pocket, leant over the seat of my car to unclick a car seat and crack my screen :blush:... now I am back to my Nokia E72 until I decide to pay £150+ to get it fixed

georgie456
26-03-2012, 06:20 PM
I have a Blackberry and have a Business Solo account with Orange - £20 a month gets me unlimited calls to all mobiles and landlines, unlimited texts and unlimited internet . Plus lots of little extras like guaranteed next day replacement and a UK call centre etc etc.
I was PAYG before the new year with my old Blackberry but I went in to upgrade and this tariff was such a good deal I went back to contract.

aly
26-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I have an old tarif I get £244 worth of credit a month to spend on Calls, Texts, Pics. I can also call 08 and some abroad numbers and I get unlimited internet for... £17.50 a month... granted I am on a half price for life, line rental lol

I DID have the Samsung Galaxy SII Which was my baby,until I had it in my jeans pocket, leant over the seat of my car to unclick a car seat and crack my screen :blush:... now I am back to my Nokia E72 until I decide to pay £150+ to get it fixed

galaxy here too...my tarriff is about the same as yours emma....my package is worth £40 a month but on friends and family with tmobile so only pay £20.

karen m
26-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I have a iphone 3g,600 minutes,internet,unlimited texts ,£20 a month on o2, but my daughter gets discount for family as she works there. The phone was a present from her too,phone is great