PDA

View Full Version : some real bargains

jumping j
25-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Last week as we were driving round I noticed a huge car boot. My OH refused to stop aparently I have enough junk!!!
This week I managed to persuade him to go and I'm so glad I did.
I picked up a mini trampoline for £4
A little tykes seesaw for £4
some bob the builder trucks, diggers etc for £3
5 hand puppets for 50p each
2 noisy books on diggers and dinosaurs for 50p each
and the best bargain of all...
a brand new, still flat pack in it's original packaging JohnCrane wooden kitchen for £7.50.
I've just checked on line and it's currently £109.99 new then postage on top of it.:clapping::clapping:
I spent yesterday afternoon putting it together and it looks lovely sat next to my bargain washing machine, which I picked up second hand from the toy library!

So to all those people just starting up don't forget the car boots and toy libraries there really are some real bargains

Bluebell
25-03-2012, 08:30 AM
wow lucky you!! Especially the kitchen! I tend to use charity shops as we don't have any decent car boots near us!

miffy
25-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Oh I do love a bargain and you definitely got some good ones there! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

sarah707
25-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I always come home with something... but not a toy kitchen for that price wow your lucky children!! :clapping:

Mouse
25-03-2012, 09:08 AM
That's briliant!

I've only started going to carboot sales recently, but I've picked up some wonderful things.

breezy
25-03-2012, 09:31 AM
brill bargains :clapping:

jumping j
25-03-2012, 09:33 AM
I always come home with something... but not a toy kitchen for that price wow your lucky children!! :clapping:

my OH actually sat playing with it yesterday!!! :laughing:

PixiePetal
25-03-2012, 10:00 AM
I thought I had done well with a duplo house from a car boot sale in Cornwall when I was on hols - £5, but that cooker wow! what a bargain

kel1983
25-03-2012, 03:10 PM
wow that is a bargain.

I love a good carboot. Went to one yesterday and picked up a few bits and bobs.

adele1985
25-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Last week as we were driving round I noticed a huge car boot. My OH refused to stop aparently I have enough junk!!!
This week I managed to persuade him to go and I'm so glad I did.
I picked up a mini trampoline for £4
A little tykes seesaw for £4
some bob the builder trucks, diggers etc for £3
5 hand puppets for 50p each
2 noisy books on diggers and dinosaurs for 50p each
and the best bargain of all...
a brand new, still flat pack in it's original packaging JohnCrane wooden kitchen for £7.50.
I've just checked on line and it's currently £109.99 new then postage on top of it.:clapping::clapping:
I spent yesterday afternoon putting it together and it looks lovely sat next to my bargain washing machine, which I picked up second hand from the toy library!

So to all those people just starting up don't forget the car boots and toy libraries there really are some real bargains

lol sounds just like my OH
he hates the summer as we have quite a few near us that i go to every other week ( not sure where u are - im in yarm and we go to the one at sedgfield race course they have a regular little tykes stall with more than half price off everything i got my playhouse last year for £60

Chimps Childminding
25-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Some good bargains there!!! There is a really good car boot sale near us on a Thursday the only problem is Thursday is our really busy day, both June and I have 3 under 5's the oldest being just 3, and as June doesn't drive we can't all fit in my car even if we were brave enough to go with the mindees - and definately no room left for bargains :rolleyes: Do pop into the charity shops often though!!

Rachael's stars
25-03-2012, 08:39 PM
wow that's brill, its shocking what you can pick up some people clearly have more money then sense, i went to one this morning and got a lot of bargains a few were...
ELC blossom hill sit me up for £1.50 in perfect condition,

3 malissa and douge wooden puzzles for £2,

Elc wooden race car track (brio style) practically new for £2.80 still had the receipt inside for £30

i hardly ever buy new toys its such a waste of money when u can get a big bag of it for a fiver in a carboot... my kids love it too they managed to talk me into getting 3 more big dinosaurs because apparently we dont have enough but for 50p each they get there own way

Pinkrose
25-03-2012, 10:36 PM
I love car boots too, I have loads of good bargins too :clapping: