PDA

View Full Version : Am I ok to do this?

littlesprogs
30-05-2008, 06:58 AM
This morning i have woken up not feeling well at all. I feel sick coz i'm exhausted. I have pains in the bottom of my pubic bone whenever i walk and move basically and i also sometimes get a pain at the bottom of bump sometimes when i walk.

However i have mindee with me today. I didnt feel ill enough to ring in sick coz i know most of it is coz i am exhausted and havent been sleeping well and because i have been more active in the last few days the pains have got worse.

Anyway is it ok to just let mindee do what he wants today? For instance he is sat watching a dvd right now.

crazybones
30-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Yes free play is perfect. Look after yourself and have a nice relax on the couch next to him. :D

berkschick
30-05-2008, 06:59 AM
I would say it is fine.

You have to look after yourself too!

Its a one off and wont do any harm.

I hope you feel better soon.

miffy
30-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Don't feel guilty - I'm sure we've all had days when we've needed to take it a bit easier but are still working.

Take it as easy as you can

Hope you feel better soon

miffy xx

mrsbumbles
30-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Yes go for it :thumbsup:

I you and lo will enjoy a restful day.

We all feel like this at times, but feel the need to carry on, dont feel guilty and have a great day.

Hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

littlesprogs
30-05-2008, 07:03 AM
thanks everyone i thought it would be fine for one day and he is quite happy in front on tv for now and will probably fall asleep anyway as he normally does in the mornings.

It's only till about 2 or 3 anyway coz then my hubby will be home and he said he will entertain him while i rest (bless him)

littlewonders
30-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Don't feel guilty, I am sure that the rents will just appreciate you still having mindee. Hope you feel better soon xx

ajs
30-05-2008, 07:04 AM
you take care of our little Jaydn, i think he will be the first forum baby won't he.
well we've watched him grow for a long time now and i for one will miss your countdown when he's born

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Go with the flow Louise its fine

We have free days like this anyway with out me feeling ill !!

Take it easy and look after yourself and have a good restful weekend

Angel xx

wendywu
30-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Its your business and you can do what you want if you feel under parr. Just rest and put your feet up.:)

JazzyL
30-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Take it easy and don't feel guilty :)

barbarella68
30-05-2008, 07:17 AM
You look after yourself that's more important than anything,and just remember it's ok for all these so called childcare professionals to say we must keep these children entertained and busy who asks the children.In my opinion every child I have minded always prefers free play,they all kick off when I suggest doing things especially the boys(Why is that?).
So have a quiet day and look after that baby!:)

littlesprogs
30-05-2008, 07:23 AM
you take care of our little Jaydn, i think he will be the first forum baby won't he.
well we've watched him grow for a long time now and i for one will miss your countdown when he's born

No he wont be the first i think Lorraine is due before me i think she is due in June and I am beginning of july.

I will miss my countdown when he's born too lol. Maybe i should mention to hubby about having another straight away haha!

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Yes Lorraine is due soon

She is tired and taking it easy at the moment

Angel xx

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Louise dont think hubby will be impressed if you suggest another straight away haha

xx

emler
30-05-2008, 07:27 AM
No I don't think so either lol. He might look a bit like this :eek:

Emler x

littlesprogs
30-05-2008, 07:28 AM
His brother had one straight after the other there birthdays are 2 days apart! One of them being on new years eve!

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Mind you all my children were very close

So ok Louise go for it haha

Angel xx

littlesprogs
30-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Mind you all my children were very close

So ok Louise go for it haha

Angel xx

I'll let you know what he says when he gets home! lol

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 07:38 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

katickles
30-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Hope you feel better soon - just rest with the lo as much as poss.

Think its really good of your hubby to say he'll entertain your mindee later - he must be getting in the practice:D

littlesprogs
30-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Hope you feel better soon - just rest with the lo as much as poss.

Think its really good of your hubby to say he'll entertain your mindee later - he must be getting in the practice:D

Well hes registered too anyway and loves kids. He loves my little mindee they get on great. He's been getting plenty of practice 3 of his cousins have just had babies and theres another 2 expecting 1 at the end of june and one beginning of august.

littlesprogs
30-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Oh the only thing he doesnt know how to do is change a nappy but trust me he will soon learn!!

SimplyLucy
30-05-2008, 08:09 AM
I'd reccommend having another straight away!

I have 11 months between my first 2. Should have been 12 but the second one was prem! It was all planned too.

There is only 11 months between me and my elder sister (I was an accident!) but we loved growing up as almost "twins". Wanted the same for my children. I got one of each but they are still very close to each other.

Oh and I nearly forgot to say, have a relaxing day, chill out. We all need it now and again, well I know I do and I'm not pregnant!

miffy
30-05-2008, 08:11 AM
I'll let you know what he says when he gets home! lol

I'd let him have his dinner first!

miffy xx

hbomb1
30-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Take it easy today, after all it's Friday! :jump for joy:

When my DS used to go to private nursery, often when I would collect him the children would be watching a video of Tweenies. It's good for children to have quiet time watching TV, and to give you a break of course. Put your feet up and watch the DVD together.

My two sons were born 15 months apart (both planned) and I regularly get asked by Joe Public if they are twins! It's so nice to see them play together and they love each other very much. DS2 cries for DS1 when he is at a friend's house as he misses him. DD was born 30 months or so after DS2. No plans for any more! :eek:

Take care,

littlesprogs
30-05-2008, 08:57 AM
As predicted mindee is now asleep! He will probably stay asleep till dinner time too he did yesterday bless him.

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Lucky you

Put your feet up for a bit Louise

Angel xx

chubbymummy
30-05-2008, 09:06 AM
enjoy your free play day

we always go with the flow on school holidays, the kids tell me what they want to do. usually all they want to do is play with each other.

Mollymop
30-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I hope you feel ok soon. I remember my final weeks felt like what you are mentioning. Especially the sharp pain in the pubic bone..ouch! I can still feel it

fionamal
30-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I hope you feel better soon Louise.

Take care of that little one as well.

I have 13 months between my 2 and theyre very close and loving to each other so its has its good points with having kids close together but it is hard work.

chez1373
30-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh bless you take it easy sweetie dont do too much will be thinking about you..xxx

Spangles
30-05-2008, 12:33 PM
I hope that you are okay and have managed to relax a bit.

Take it easy. x

disney
30-05-2008, 09:02 PM
oh bless you . i have had days like this before and im not pregnant but when i have felt poorly had a cold virus for 4 weeeks . mum didnt mind when i said we have had what i call lazy day they are just grateful that i had the children take care x :)

Cammie Doodle
31-05-2008, 04:15 PM
No need to feel guilty as is it not 80% child initiated and 20% adult led that we are supposed to be aiming for ? Its not your fault mindee fell asleep during your 20% is it ???? Take care
June

brillminder
31-05-2008, 07:06 PM
i am sure your slow day will have no ill effects on the child :)

Blaze
31-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Just wanted to say...it sounds like you have an inflamed pubic bone (something I have suffered from with both of my previous pregnancies)...you need to speak with your midwife/Dr...as you may not be able to continue minding (dependent on the severety).:)

littlesprogs
31-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Just wanted to say...it sounds like you have an inflamed pubic bone (something I have suffered from with both of my previous pregnancies)...you need to speak with your midwife/Dr...as you may not be able to continue minding (dependent on the severety).:)

yes thankyou i have an appointment made for thursday. It seems to hurt when i roll over mostly. But then its only bad if i've done alot of exercise. When i've then rested for a day it seems to be fine.

Blaze
31-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Let us know how you get on on Thurs...that's the problem with an inflamed pubi bone...the more you rest...the less it hurts...the more you do & the bigger the baby gets...the worse it gets...at the end you can be in agony even when you've rested...it's not uncommon to end up in a wheelchair for the last weeks of pregnancy...not trying to scare you as you may have a mild case & it may remain that way...just wanted to make you aware that you may have to terminate your contracts with immediate effect on medical grounds or at least take a longer leave due to medical grounds.:)

littlesprogs
31-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Let us know how you get on on Thurs...that's the problem with an inflamed pubi bone...the more you rest...the less it hurts...the more you do & the bigger the baby gets...the worse it gets...at the end you can be in agony even when you've rested...it's not uncommon to end up in a wheelchair for the last weeks of pregnancy...not trying to scare you as you may have a mild case & it may remain that way...just wanted to make you aware that you may have to terminate your contracts with immediate effect on medical grounds or at least take a longer leave due to medical grounds.:)

Oh no i know your not trying to scare me. I only have 1 mindee at the moment anyway and i appreciate you warning me that i may have to terminate the contracts. I'm planning on working right up until 38 weeks so i hope its not that bad. But if i have to then i have to!

Blaze
31-05-2008, 07:25 PM
:) Good...I'm glad...I just know how bad it is when it's bad...so wanted to warn you...hopefully it's just mild & it'll stay that way!:)

littlesprogs
31-05-2008, 07:30 PM
:) Good...I'm glad...I just know how bad it is when it's bad...so wanted to warn you...hopefully it's just mild & it'll stay that way!:)

I've had it a while but it wasn't too bad but since minding it has got worse especially this weekend coz i've been busy too. But just read out what you said to hubby and he told me to rest more so it has its advantages lol!