PDA

View Full Version : One of my best days so far...

jumping j
24-03-2012, 08:07 AM
After my rant on my last post I thought I'd share with you what a great day I'd had until the parents turned up!!!

Had 2 little boys, 2 years 3 months and 3 years 1 month who are both obsessed with animals. My dad works on a farm and they are lambing at the moment. So I'd arranged a trip!
We had a lovely morning at playgroup then set off for the farm.
The lo's faces when they saw where we were was brilliant. They looked adorable in ther wellies and had such big smiles on their faces. My dad got 2 lambs out for them to stroke and feed, then there were horses running in the fields, daffodils growing, dogs running around and a tractor to climb on and sit in, they even steered the wheel!
They fed the sheep pellets, went into a sheep pen, felt how warm it was under a heat lamp, took some wool home and jumped in muddy puddles, as we left they sprayed their boots off with the hose pipe and used hand sanatizer to clean their hands.
we came home and painted sheep as thank you cards, collaged sheep with cotton wool and they 'wrote' their names inside the cards.
I have 100 photos of every element of the day which I have shared with the parents already. Parents were so grateful and loved the photo's and pictures.
I'm feeling quite good as I write this and glad that I could give the lo's such a great experience, I'm looking forward to going back in a few weeks to see the lambs in the fields.:clapping::clapping:

singlewiththree
24-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Its days like those that make our jobs so enjoyable! Glad you had such a great day :)

miffy
24-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Glad you had such a lovely time. I'm sure it's a trip the children will remember for a very long time.

Miffy xx