PDA

View Full Version : Registering rooms?

caza
30-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Are there certain rooms that Ofsted expect you to register apart from the obvious bathroom/toilet and kitchen. Originally I was going to register our living room but because dh has a lot of expensive equipment in there I decided it would probably be better if I didn't use the room for childminding. Would Ofsted frown upon this as its a main room in the house or would they be quite happy so long as I can show there is plenty of room without using it?

lindylou
30-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi They should be fine with it as you say as long as you have enough room for the kids otherwise although you might have to have a small lock on it or put a safety gate on it, to show it is out of bounds.
I am not allowed to use my 2nd floor
Linx

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 07:12 AM
If you dont want to use your lounge - then dont

Its up to you

Angel xx

miffy
30-05-2008, 07:13 AM
It is up to you which rooms you register but you have to show you have sufficient space for the number of children you are looking after.

If you don't want to use your lounge but have enough space elsewhere it shouldn't be a problem

miffy xx

berkschick
30-05-2008, 07:15 AM
A friend of mine does not use her lounge or dining room.

She does have a massive kitchen / diner and playroom though.

jayne
30-05-2008, 07:17 AM
My main livingroom is not registered I have a designated playroom and my diningroom registered and ofsted had no probs with this

caza
30-05-2008, 07:24 AM
We have a good sized dining room a large back hall and a good sized spare bedroom which we will be using as a toy/playroom. Also while I think about it :rolleyes: In the back garden we have a summer house which we dont really use so I was going to paint it and put a small chair and table set in and maybe a couple of beanbag and use it as a small outdoor playroom. Will that be registered as part of the garden or will they see that as a separate room? Not that it really matters I was just wondering?

Tatia
30-05-2008, 08:12 AM
You can always have the room registered (in case someone sneaks in there and an accident happens) but not use it. It's possible at some point you'll want to put sleeping babies in there (cos they're contained and can't get into anything!) and it'll save you the hassle of having registration changed.

caza
30-05-2008, 08:23 AM
You can always have the room registered (in case someone sneaks in there and an accident happens) but not use it. It's possible at some point you'll want to put sleeping babies in there (cos they're contained and can't get into anything!) and it'll save you the hassle of having registration changed.

Thats a good point. I didn't think about registering the room and not using it but as you say it would then be a good place to put sleeping babies if or when I had any. I did think that I would use the playroom for this but if they were in the living room then the playroom would still be free to use. Thanks :thumbsup:

Hannahlg
30-05-2008, 08:31 AM
we use all the down strais room,

we do it in the conseavorty thats where all there toys are where the pla yand eat etc

there sleep in the living room for the oens who have naps the dinning room is whrre the drying rack and coat rack is and our dinning table where which me and mum use , there only allowed in the bathroom and computer room upstaris.

There not allowed in hannahs room (my room) what so ever

hbomb1
30-05-2008, 08:44 AM
My lounge is out of bounds during childminding hours, however I still registered it as if I care for a baby then I would put the travel cot up in the lounge and baby would sleep in there. The only thing Ofsted said was that if I did have a sleeping baby in there, then I would be required to leave the doors open so that I can see and hear baby.

I have registered all of downstairs apart from the study. The first and second floor are out of bounds and not registered.

:D