PDA

View Full Version : ooops i may have upset a lady at the park today.....

WibbleWobble
23-03-2012, 06:33 PM
We were stood at the swings pushing little ones when she asked me if the four mindees were mine (they are running round with "i am with me childminder" emblazoned on their hi vis jackets)

so i said no...my kids are 25 and 20...i am a childminder.

She went quiet and then said

"i dont work and am at home with X......but you do the same as me and you get paid for it. That isnt really fair is it?"

oh dear...red rag to a bull comes to mind!
so i started

you dont get Ofsted coming when its your own
you dont do allk the paperwork when its your own
you are not scared of being sued when a child falls over when its your own
your home is your own when its your own
you dont spend evenings of you own time doing courses when its your own

etc etc etc etc etc

she walked away......

i went and sat down with the gran of some ex mindees and told her what had happened.....the old girl leant over and said "i hope you told her she should have a go if she thinks its so :censored: unfair!!!"

i nearly fell off the bench!

mandy xxx

blue bear
23-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Well done you and gran:thumbsup:

sandy64
23-03-2012, 06:36 PM
omg some people what are they like good on you:)

Pipsqueak
23-03-2012, 06:37 PM
yeah its a right *itch isn't it... having to work hard for your money!:rolleyes:

you go lady...

Tatjana
23-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Oooh what a silly woman!!

It's not fair she doesn't get paid to look after her own child??! Errm weirdo!!! :panic:

rickysmiths
23-03-2012, 06:43 PM
What we work for our money:rolleyes: News to me after the fab day out I have had today with two mindees. :laughing:

Ah! but hang on there are the LJs to get up to date this weekend and the washing, all their towels, sheets and blankets, the car to clean out, Diploma work to do, planning for next week. Oh and some where time for my own family!!!

Good on Granny for supporting you. Some people do not think before they put their mouths in gear.

rosebud
23-03-2012, 06:48 PM
When my daughter was 3 I claimed the funding for her nursery education (I'm accredited) so I DID get paid for looking after my own child - now that really would have upset her. :p

stardust
23-03-2012, 07:36 PM
When my daughter was 3 I claimed the funding for her nursery education (I'm accredited) so I DID get paid for looking after my own child - now that really would have upset her. :p

I didn't know you could claim for your own child! Is it the same paperwork?

silvermist
23-03-2012, 07:36 PM
When I bumped into someone I hadnt seen for ages she asked "what you up to these days?" My reply "Ive just registered as a childminder and have four starting after easter hols!"

Her reply to that was..." Oh right, not a proper job then!"

NOT A PROPER JOB!!!! HOW RUDE!!!:eek:

I then went on to tell her about Ofsted, paperwork, RAs etc and she simply said"Yeah but you probably dont have to go into much detail."

With that I said a polite goodbye then stomped off up the road wishing Id wrung her neck!:censored:

Why do people do that?!!!!!:mad:

WibbleWobble
23-03-2012, 07:53 PM
i must admit i dont usually have this sort of response. usually it is very positive. Before i became a CM i was a very senior nurse and i still see my old colleagues. My best mate is the Widwifery manager at my old place and she regularly comes "to play" when she is on holiday. She says she wishes she could afford to do my job...she loves it all so much.

mandy xxx

Twinkles
23-03-2012, 08:06 PM
I didn't get paid to look after my children either.

Children I had CHOSEN to give birth to

Children I had CHOSEN to stay at home to care for

:angry:

Jayse74
24-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Good on you for standing up for yourself! :D

My wife had to recently, quite funny aswell as they expected her to be all quiet like a mouse and she came out blazing lol.

The Juggler
24-03-2012, 09:47 PM
:clapping::clapping: go parsley. and well done that granny!

miffy
24-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Tssshhhh some people! Glad you gave her something to think about!

Miffy xx

beachgirl29
02-04-2012, 09:02 PM
oh dear! dont blame you i hate it when people say oh i do what you do just dont get paid! didnt know you had that in you....will remember not to upset you! xxx

Bridey
02-04-2012, 11:27 PM
She should have kept her legs crossed if thats how she feels about it!

HELEN10
03-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Oooh what a silly woman!!

It's not fair she doesn't get paid to look after her own child??! Errm weirdo!!! :panic:

Ha Ha, that's just what I thought!

keeks
03-04-2012, 08:25 AM
A lot of words spring to mind, cheeky isn't one but it will have to do on this forum.

I bet she didn't realise those words would unleash the beast!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

xx

handeme
03-04-2012, 09:22 AM
An elderly lady said something to me and a group of my childminding friends last week. We were walking along the canal, children were well supervised, in prams and on reins. They were all behaving fantastically.

This elderly lady walked past us with her friends and said 'umm I don't think your outing is a very good idea, do you?' in a really nasty tone.

One of the minders that was with me said to her 'I didn't realise that OFSTED had joined our outing' The old lady just turned her nose up at us and walked away.

Some people!

VINASOL
05-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Why do people think it's OK to ask 'if they are all yours' or say 'oh you've got your hands full'...happens to me all the time, especially when I have 7 of them (2 of which are mine).

I wonder what is said to the lady at our school who has to drive a minibus to get their 9 boys and their 1 daughter to school....