PDA

View Full Version : over night care??

adele1985
23-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I have my mindee monday to thursday over night, her mum is dropping her off at 7.45 pm and she goes to bed at 8.30 (reads until 9)

What would you do with the mindee

At that time of the evening im normally ready for bed my self - would you be prepared to do arts and crafts and stuff like that at this time of the night

What can i do with her

blue bear
23-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I would do tge same as I would with mine, by that time it's time for quiet routine leading up to bed, certainly wouldn't be doing arts and craft which will give her a buzz and make it harder to settle.

flowerpots
23-03-2012, 06:49 PM
When i have my mindees overnight i treat them just like my own children, sometimes we snuglle up under duvets and watch a movie before bed. :thumbsup:

rosebud
23-03-2012, 06:49 PM
No I most certainly would not be doing arts & crafts!!!! I would just let her chill out, maybe play some board games but definitely something quiet, whatever fits in with your routine really.

Mouse
23-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I would do some arts & crafts if that was what she wanted to do. Nothing very messy, but maybe some card making or jewellery making. My daughter's bedtime routine is that the TV goes off half an hour before bedtime & we do something quiet together - card making is our favourite at the moment. Then she goes to bed & reads for half an hour.

I would ask her what she wants to do though. She might be happy to just watch TV or a DVD, although I don't like them watching anything right before bedtime.

jumpinjen
23-03-2012, 08:11 PM
My mindees follow a similar routine to my own children so I work it that way - I would do quiet things like colouring, playing board games, quiet play with small world, supper of toast and honey and milk maybe then books and reading time and bed - Jen x