PDA

View Full Version : Didn't we have a lovely day ...

Penny1959
23-03-2012, 05:00 PM
....... today on our visit to the arboretum:D

Well Carol M upheld her promise and brought me cream tea at the arboretum today (well to be more specific coffee and a lovely piece of coffee and walnut cake)

We arrived at 11am when they opened and brought our season tickets - bargain of the year - as all mine are under 4 - just £24 for the seasoin (March - Nov) can go as often as I like :D

We saw the fountains, the chicken, the sheep and lambs, the lovely trees and daffodills, the tractor, the steam train (well watched it just over the field) we had lunch in a grassy glade, had a private deminstration from the gardener on how to pot up a plant, saw a wild phestant walk about 1 meter in front of us (oh the colours) and then while the little ones slept and Carol's 4 yr old played with the stones and sand - he was very engrossed in his play - Carol and I sat on a bench and had our tea / coffee while watching / listening to the fountain / bird song

A perfect day - and for me - even better arrived home to find the new toys order had arrived and all mindees gone home by 4pm (just 30mins after getting back to mine.

Penny :)

desiderata
23-03-2012, 05:15 PM
that sounds wonderful x where is it Penny ?

mumto2
23-03-2012, 05:20 PM
....... today on our visit to the arboretum:D

Well Carol M upheld her promise and brought me cream tea at the arboretum today (well to be more specific coffee and a lovely piece of coffee and walnut cake)

We arrived at 11am when they opened and brought our season tickets - bargain of the year - as all mine are under 4 - just £24 for the seasoin (March - Nov) can go as often as I like :D

We saw the fountains, the chicken, the sheep and lambs, the lovely trees and daffodills, the tractor, the steam train (well watched it just over the field) we had lunch in a grassy glade, had a private deminstration from the gardener on how to pot up a plant, saw a wild phestant walk about 1 meter in front of us (oh the colours) and then while the little ones slept and Carol's 4 yr old played with the stones and sand - he was very engrossed in his play - Carol and I sat on a bench and had our tea / coffee while watching / listening to the fountain / bird song

A perfect day - and for me - even better arrived home to find the new toys order had arrived and all mindees gone home by 4pm (just 30mins after getting back to mine.

Wow, what a lovely day you've had!! Cant wait to do this a bit more as the weather improves (as it already has started doing!). Bet the kids had a blast, and all that fresh air - bet you'll all sleep well tonight!! Hope they all enjoy the new toys, too. You've inspired me for the weekend now!! (with my own 2, dont work weekends!!) :laughing:

FussyElmo
23-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Sounds lovely especially the cream tea :)

breezy
23-03-2012, 05:36 PM
And why weren't any of us invited? :p

Penny1959
23-03-2012, 05:38 PM
that sounds wonderful x where is it Penny ?

Arley Arboretum - just off the Kidderminster /Bridgenoth road

www.arley-arboretum.org.uk

The Juggler
23-03-2012, 05:38 PM
so glad you had a lovely day .....without us :( lol just kidding, you deserve it both of you :clapping::clapping:

Penny1959
23-03-2012, 05:42 PM
And why weren't any of us invited? :p

Please do all join us next time - plenty of space

Carol M
23-03-2012, 05:46 PM
That's what I call childminding!
Happy, happy, happy :thumbsup:
It's Arley Arboretum near Kidderminster, Worcestershire.
Carol xx
p.s.
You beat me to it Penny
p.p.s
Your turn for tea and cakes next week :D

miffy
23-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Glad you both had a good time.

I like coffee and walnut cake too :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
23-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Sounds like you had a fab day. Well earned as well.

flowerpots
23-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Sounds like you all had a lovely day. :thumbsup: