PDA

View Full Version : conservatories

johnnydepp1
30-05-2008, 12:19 AM
hi i'm new

i was just wondering if you can have a conservatory when you childmind, if you can can it be full glass or does it have to be dwarf wall, because i dont want to get one then to be told that i cant childmind in it

any help apprieciated

bubbly
30-05-2008, 05:53 AM
I have a conservatory and use it as a dedicated playroom. It has a dwarf wall and it's suitability has never been questioned. The inspector sat in it for my inspection last month and didn't mention any issues at all.

anneriddington
30-05-2008, 06:53 AM
I couldn't manage without my conservatory I recommend them top tip though, make sure you have central heating plubed into it and we have a roof vent in ours on hot days we open it and the hot air rises through it making the conservatory useable all year. Here are some pics of mine being put to good use!

berkschick
30-05-2008, 06:55 AM
I couldnt manage without mine either!

I use it as a playroom and mine is full glass.

Nothing was said about it being all glass at my inspection on Wednesday.

It is only a couple of years old though so is pilkington glass.

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 06:58 AM
ooooooooh i am jealous

I want one

Angel xx

miffy
30-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Me too!

Your conservatory looks fab Anne

miffy xx

katickles
30-05-2008, 07:51 AM
My main room for minding is my conservatory - even as a family we'd be lost with out it. :)

miss muffit
30-05-2008, 07:59 AM
i want one too :D

johnnydepp1
30-05-2008, 11:12 AM
thanks for your replies

i might get a full glass one because they are cheaper, i am only 21 and my mum doesnt want kids in the house when shes there, so we comprimised and she said i could have a conservatory, but its a nightmare trying to get one, they all dont come with a fitting service and if they do, they dont fit in our area, i can get a nice one from b&q now all i need is someone to fit it. :(

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Even if you have a conservatory though you are still going to have to be able to use some of the house - toilet - kitchen for eating - and what about doing crafts etc

I guess it would depend on how many children and how big your conservatory
is though

But your mom will also have to put up with children arriving and parents needing to see you etc
It might prove difficult to stick confined to one room

Good luck

Angel xx

Banana
30-05-2008, 01:29 PM
We have one which is also used as a playroom

x

emler
30-05-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm jealous too - I would love a conservatory to use as a playroom

Emler x

summersue
30-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I have a conservatory and use it as a playroom its great because you can keep the rest of house tidy

tortoise
30-05-2008, 04:56 PM
I have a full glass one, full of toys, I was inspected in January this year and the inspector was impressed that I could keep small toys like lego separate from the little babies but the older kids could still play with "older" toys.

miffy
30-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Even if you have a conservatory though you are still going to have to be able to use some of the house - toilet - kitchen for eating - and what about doing crafts etc

I guess it would depend on how many children and how big your conservatory
is though

But your mom will also have to put up with children arriving and parents needing to see you etc
It might prove difficult to stick confined to one room

Good luck

Angel xx

I agree with Angel - I think parts of the house will need to be registered too.

It is very generous of your mum to buy you a conservatory to use for minding.

Good luck with it

miffy xx

johnnydepp1
30-05-2008, 07:53 PM
oh, i am paying for it myself, i need to get a loan out, there will be other rooms registered, like the bathroom and the living room, but when my mum is in the house they will be in the conservatory, this will only be for a few hours everyday, when she is at work they can go in the house!

angeldelight
30-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Sounds like you have it all worked out

Good luck with it let us know how it goes

Hey and dont forget to go and say hello in the hello section so everyone can welcome you to the forum

Angel xx

miffy
30-05-2008, 08:19 PM
oh, i am paying for it myself, i need to get a loan out, there will be other rooms registered, like the bathroom and the living room, but when my mum is in the house they will be in the conservatory, this will only be for a few hours everyday, when she is at work they can go in the house!

I agree with Angel - you have got it all worked out :thumbsup:

Good luck with getting registered

miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
31-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Not sure how much money you are thinking about spending but Easy fit have an offer on just now for a 3mtr x 3mtr fully fitted one for £5, 999 its called the full Monty it includes The building of it, heating, electrics, flooring and blinds .:clapping: :clapping:

brillminder
31-05-2008, 07:16 PM
i have one but only uses some times i know lots of minder use them as a play room think about heating and cooling in summer though as they can get very hot when shut up etc:)

bubbly
31-05-2008, 09:11 PM
This is my conservatory. Photo was taken a couple of days after we moved here and before I began minding.

carolinel
31-05-2008, 09:14 PM
ooh thanks for the piccies of your conservatories - I love seeing peoples houses!!

Cammie Doodle
01-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Bubbly what size is your conservatory? Hubby and I been looking at them and I would like one the same shape as your's , but not sure of sizes . Thanks June ;)

bubbly
01-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Bubbly what size is your conservatory? Hubby and I been looking at them and I would like one the same shape as your's , but not sure of sizes . Thanks June ;)

I just did a quick measure. My tape measure only does centimetres so I looked up a conversion calculator on the internet and it comes out as just over 11 x 14ft. Bear in mind I'm no maths genius though :D

Before I used it as a playroom, I could fit a two-seater sofa and chair, dining table (quite a large one), coffee table and some storage in. I like the way the roof goes up into a peak. It makes it a nice shape. Definitely get roof vents put in as you'll need them in summer to let the hot air escape.

Let me know if you want a better photo. At the moment it's full of clutter and toys :)

Cammie Doodle
01-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks Bubbly . Thats the kind of roof I want :idea:

miffy
02-06-2008, 06:34 AM
ooh thanks for the piccies of your conservatories - I love seeing peoples houses!!

Me too!

miffy xx

johnnydepp1
02-06-2008, 08:04 PM
:) thanks for your replies

i should have it soon, getting my loan hopefully next week, i have heard its a long process becoming a childminder, but i bet it will be worth the wait:)

Trouble
02-06-2008, 08:14 PM
im having one toooooooo!!!!!!!

and my hubby is fitting it,

i like your roof but mine will be smaller, so cant have that one:(

johnnydepp1
10-06-2008, 09:09 AM
your replies and pictures are exellent, could any one tell me if it is safe to have blinds put it, also i dont know what sort of heating i should have in the winter, under the floor or a panel, i think underfloor heating would be best but i want to know what all you have got

thanks

Ebs71
16-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Johnny, i would shop around abit more first, as when we were looking for our conservatory (back in march) i found places like B & Q and homebase etc were quite expensive. Easyfit, Target and simular larger companies do packages...... worth taking a look.

Ours is 4metres by 3metres, with dwarf wall, and has a Gable roof which makes it even bigger and the whole lot inc. building work, electrics, plastering etc cost me 8.3k and can fit a sofa, kiddies table and chairs and loads of toys and units and still plenty of space3. my inspector was really impressed.

good luck xx