PDA

View Full Version : Kodak printer help pleasssseeee

FussyElmo
23-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Stupid stupid printer.

So I have changed the colour ink and it has now completely shut off no power in the thing at all. Any one else had this problem and how did you fix it.

Wish I had never brought the thing supposed to be wireless and it had to be right next to the modem in the living room it was supposed to be upstairs.

It has random moments of disconnecting itself from the laptop.

Hate it hate it hate it.

Feel like getting the hammer and taking all the frustration out on it.

Only good point is the price of the ink but whats the use of having cheap ink if it never works.

The hammer is looking the best at the minute

The Juggler
23-03-2012, 11:46 AM
do you mean power to the internet connection ? mine went wonky once hon and I had to completely reload it on my computer with the cd :(

but if it's power from the socket you mean, I would just unplug everything and switch off at the wall then put it all back.

Highly technical solution eh!:laughing:

FussyElmo
23-03-2012, 11:52 AM
do you mean power to the internet connection ? mine went wonky once hon and I had to completely reload it on my computer with the cd :(

but if it's power from the socket you mean, I would just unplug everything and switch off at the wall then put it all back.

Highly technical solution eh!:laughing:

better than the hammer :laughing::laughing:

no i have tried that the stupid thing still wont work

EmmaReed84
23-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Unplug everything from everything! Make sure the printer is not hot, get a small clean paint brush and clean inside the sockets, brush any dust out, try blowing in to it. Once everything is clean, dry, cool reconnect the whole printer again. Making sure that things are put in to the correct places. Try to restart it, if that does not work THEN GET THE HAMMER lol

Seriously though check Kodaks website and get in touch with them, mine now and again spaz's out and DH is does IT for a living so I watch him and try to make myself sound clever :thumbsup: lol

Jiorjiina
23-03-2012, 12:35 PM
You have checked that the new ink cartridge has fully clicked into place, right?

And that the lid of the printer bed (the bit you lift up to change the cartridges) has properly clicked back into place?

And that none of the cables have come loose?

I'm sure you have, but this is usually what causes my problems, so I'm a bit paranoid about it now!