PDA

View Full Version : Plan and obs for 5 months old

Balibali
23-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Hiya,

I'm going to have 5 months old baby start from next month. I will stil take him out to baby n toddler club,rhymes time, zoo and messy baby etc, do I need to do more than that? I will of course introduce him with reading book, play in park, picnic, etc. How long do they need their sleep usually?

Milli147
23-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Hiya, you need to talk to mum about sleep routines, as all babies are different. But at that age he will almost certainly be sleeping after the morning feed and again for quite a while in the afternoon, but they are nice and portable at that age if you have other mindees and want to be out and about.

As for planning you don't need to do much at all. Just give it a few weeks to see what he can do and then you can have a look at what the next steps from that will be. Then just think about what you can do to help him achieve that - you don't need lots of planning for this age at all. Hth x

Balibali
23-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Hiya, you need to talk to mum about sleep routines, as all babies are different. But at that age he will almost certainly be sleeping after the morning feed and again for quite a while in the afternoon, but they are nice and portable at that age if you have other mindees and want to be out and about.

As for planning you don't need to do much at all. Just give it a few weeks to see what he can do and then you can have a look at what the next steps from that will be. Then just think about what you can do to help him achieve that - you don't need lots of planning for this age at all. Hth x

Yes that's what I thought when I have my own one. But what to put on their learning journey? I'm do my rags visit anytime after April, so better start

sarah707
23-03-2012, 10:35 AM
All about me form completed by mum

Settling in notes - how the baby is settling

Initial observations - what the baby likes / does not like / how he gurgles / what he enjoys watching

Development matters - document from 0 - 8 months and the next one as there might be some overlaps

Observations, assessments and individual next steps planning following on from obs etc. When you do your obs, link them to inside, outside and outings so you have a good overview of the child.

Parents information - ongoing notes about what the child is doing at home.

Updated 'all about me' do it regularly as babies change so fast

hth :D

Balibali
23-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Thank you Sarah, hope I can get them from your website?

sarah707
23-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Thank you Sarah, hope I can get them from your website?

Awww thank you!

Have a look through my mini e-books... they should cover everything!

If you have any problems you know where I am :D

Balibali
23-03-2012, 12:32 PM
None of them on your ebook, Sarah? Lol

tinyp164
04-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Hi everyone!

Just a quick question re learning journals; development matters...

Since the new dev.matters is now out should I put this new one into the LJ's or just leave the other ones in? Or have both? And with obs are you now going to link them to the new EYFS or the oringial one?

I'm asking this as I have a new starter on 23rd april, girl 8mths, so thought I would give myself enough time to prepare it now (although obvs this is only evenings hehe!). Just really seeing what everyone else is going to do seems as its all change soon.

Thank you! x

rickysmiths
04-04-2012, 06:18 PM
You have to use the current EYFS until Sept.