PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry for December!!

smurfette
21-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Really would you entertain this? Cant guarantee a space that far away and she will hardly want to pay a retainer! What shall I do?!

silvermist
21-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Hiya I have had one for september but told them to ring in august to see if theres a space, like you say thats a hell of a long while to be paying a retainer.:)

Pixie dust
21-03-2012, 09:34 PM
I have someone coming to visit tomorrow and they are looking for November start.

At the moment I know I have the space as losing 3 families in the summer all going on maternity leave, but you never know what is round the corner.

Mouse
21-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I only keep a space that long if I know one of my current mindees is likely to be leaving. For example if I knew a child was leaving in the Sept to go to school, I'd take a deposit quite a way in advance to reserve the space, but if I had the space available now, I wouldn't be able to reserve it.

For December, I would suggest a parent came back in Sept to see if I still had the space free.

Monkey26
21-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I only keep a space that long if I know one of my current mindees is likely to be leaving. For example if I knew a child was leaving in the Sept to go to school, I'd take a deposit quite a way in advance to reserve the space, but if I had the space available now, I wouldn't be able to reserve it.

For December, I would suggest a parent came back in Sept to see if I still had the space free.

As above!! Xx

francinejayne
21-03-2012, 10:10 PM
In the past 2 days I have had 2 enquiries, 1 for September and the other for October (baby is only 2 weeks old at the moment!)

Both would be perfect for me as DS starts school in September, so I know I will definitely have a space then. I'm not rushing in to anything though, I want to choose the right family for me, and if they come along I would want a deposit to secure the place.

If I currently had a space that I wanted to fill then I would not be willing to hold it until then!

mama2three
22-03-2012, 08:17 AM
I am signing contracts for a sept start on Monday , lots of Parents starting to think about next school year around this time of year. December is a bit far off though - I would probably have her round and explain that if she didnt want to pay a retainer I would ring her if I had other enquiries and give her option of retaining place at that point or losing it.

AliceK
22-03-2012, 09:26 AM
I've agreed to take a mindee on in Sept, I saw the family and agreed to this back at the end of January but it's not a space I have available until later this year anyway so I'm happy with that but if I had a space that needed filling now I wouldn't entertain holding a space that long.

xxx

linzi133
22-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Ive just had 2 enquiries...One for Sept (baby just born this week) and the other for January...baby due in July!

At the moment I will have 1 space available in May ! Yikes....Im not sure what to do either!

(both are for full time 5 days....which is unheard of where I am!)

smurfette
22-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Yea this one Is for shift work mums a nurse so am guessing it would only be a couple of days a week. Not to be sniffed at though obviously! I had a conversation via email and we have agreed to touch base
In September, she feels I offer what she would like for her baby. We have taken each others numbers and I said I would contact her if space came
Up. I have a space I want to fill now and then have no idea what will happen, I have one mum on maternity leave and she will
Want a space for baby but I imagine if I can't take baby I will lose big sis too, also have one just started two days a week where mum
Is covering 6 months maternity so he could well be gone by Dec!

Thanks all as always for advice, usually I just say call back nearer time but think I have connected a bit with her now since I was discussing it with you so thought about it more so hopefully will lead to something!

miffy
23-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Hope it works out for you.

I'm also finding parents are wanting to sort out childcare months in advance - OK if you know you have a space coming up at the time but not so easy otherwise as most parents wouldn't want to pay a retainer for that long.

Miffy xx