PDA

View Full Version : Have things changed that much?

NannyLaura
21-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi there!

I'm pre-reg at the moment, have completed my First Aid and CRB and have my pre-reg visit booked for this Friday.

I've got lots of childminder friends who tell me they NEVER fail anyone and that it is a breeze.

But the lady at my local authority would lead me to beleive otherwise because she wanted to come round to do a pre-reg pre-reg inspection to help me (which i refused because of work commitments) and some of the posts on this board would suggest that things must have really changed since my friends registered a few years back.

I've completed my pre-reg booklet and it all seems straight forward. I understand the principals of the learning stages (although I seem to forget exactly what they are and I reckon when I'm nervous and put on the spot I'll have trouble reealing them off!) My house seems safe and I know what safeguarding is etc. My equipment isn't great because I don't know what age children I will have yet - but I've listed suitable toys for each stage.

Should I really be nervous?? Has anyone on here failed their pre-reg inspection? Know anyone who has?

I'm scared :panic:

lauraj
21-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I had my pre reg visit last month and the ofsted lady was really nice, she looked around my house, looked at some paperwork I had prepared and asked a couple of questions in regards to safeguarding and suggested a couple of things I needed. They are there to help you and offer advice and they don't expect you to know everything. Have things written down and refer to them so you won't get nervous trying to think. :) thats what I did or i would have ended up tongue tied as I get nervous when I have to think of the top of my head.

Good Luck on Friday :thumbsup:

Bear23
21-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Don't worry, its more about advice, as long as you know what you need and what you want, you'll be fine.. The wont expect you to know everything straight away
you'll be fine x

WibbleWobble
21-03-2012, 08:35 PM
you will be fine....i think your DO is probably likes to be involved (some do...some dont) and she wants to help you.....but sometimes this sort of help can send you into a spin!

having a list of "wants" is fine....i had very few toys as my kids are grown up but i did a wish list and Mrs O was really impressed.

I dont know of anyone who has failed.....Mrs O is there to advise and encourage. She is there to answer your questions too.

good luck....you will be fine

mandy xxx

silvermist
21-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Hiya, I had mine a few weeks ago and Mrs O was really very nice. Dont worry she is there to help, like everyone else says. Good luck, keep us posted x:thumbsup:

NannyLaura
22-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone - that's good then. Yes, I think that the coordinator is keen to prove she is good at her job and how seriously she takes it all. Heart in right place I'm sure but it's just made me more nervous thinking I've missed something.

Okay, I'll let you know how I get on. I only decided to do this at the end of january so it's all happened really fast. Frightening but exciting!

It's nice here, I think I'll stay :D