PDA

View Full Version : I have such lovely parents

Penny1959
21-03-2012, 01:13 PM
As you may know I took Monday and Tuesday off this week as had nasty knock you off your feet bug.

Back at work today - not feeling brilliant but better than I was. The parents have all been lovely and done what they can to make my day easier:D

Parent 1 offered to keep her child today - I refused but have agreed to a early pick up. Parent 2 kept twins at home for a couple of hours, so instead of 7am drop off it was a 10:15 drof off, parent 3 had made plans for tomorrow and Friday in case I was not better - and child still going to go to grandparents so - in their words - 'I have one less to run around with' Parent 4 could not help hours wise but said take it easy - we don't mind if you have a 'chill' day - don't push yourself.

Lovely parents :clapping:

Penny :)

rickysmiths
21-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Glad you are feeling better Penny. Most parents are lovely and supportive. I think we hear about the the bad ones more.

Carol M
21-03-2012, 01:19 PM
You have such good parents, Penny.
Glad you are on the mend.
Are you up for Arboretum and cream tea on Friday :D
Carol xx

The Juggler
21-03-2012, 01:30 PM
aww that's so lovely Penny especially when you have a houseful every day. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better xx

Tatjana
21-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Parents like this make our jobs lovely, you're very lucky indeed.:)

aly
21-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Aww get well soon.

i have lovely parents too, it makes our job easier doesnt it.

Polly2
21-03-2012, 02:33 PM
How fab :clapping: get well soon penny xx

Penny1959
21-03-2012, 03:06 PM
You have such good parents, Penny.
Glad you are on the mend.
Are you up for Arboretum and cream tea on Friday :D
Carol xx

As you have mentionedcream tea- how can I say no :laughing:

And due to child at granparents will only have 3 instead of usual 4 - so even better :D

rickysmiths
21-03-2012, 03:09 PM
As you have mentionedcream tea- how can I say no :laughing:

And due to child at granparents will only have 3 instead of usual 4 - so even better :D

Oh that sounds very civilized. Wish I lived nearer!

PixiePetal
21-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Glad you have got great parents - most of mine over the years have been lovely too :thumbsup:

A CM friend was ill once and the parents told her it was 'dreadfully inconvenient' when she phoned to cancel their child :rolleyes::angry:

Carol M
21-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Glad you have got great parents - most of mine over the years have been lovely too :thumbsup:

A CM friend was ill once and the parents told her it was 'dreadfully inconvenient' when she phoned to cancel their child :rolleyes::angry:
Yep i've had the "how inconvienient" too. just before i had to have my hip replacement :D and I had arranged cover care but it was an extra 5 mins drive away. I get the blame for every illness the mindees get, and God help me if I need time off sick!

Carol xx

caz3007
21-03-2012, 03:57 PM
I had that horrid virus a couple of weeks ago and rang mum on the sunday afternoon as couldnt get out of bed and said I wanted to give her notice as didnt think I would be ok for Monday. She had gone ahead and organised the whole week just in case, but I was able to cope after the Monday.

We had a quiet week as DS was home a few days too as he had it too

Carol M
21-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Oh that sounds very civilized. Wish I lived nearer!
Ricky, you would love it. It's so beautiful and peaceful and never seems busy in the weekdays. It has fountains and areas in the trees for picnics, hidey places to sit and play, beautiful gardens, tea rooms,garden shop and best of all...... NO DOG POO!
Carol xx

miffy
21-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Glad to hear you're feeling better Penny, enjoy your cream tea!

Miffy xx

silvermist
21-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Glad you are on the mend penny, you do have some very lovely parents.:)

LChurch
22-03-2012, 01:31 PM
That is so lovely, I have had some lovely parents and some not so nice! This morning I had 3 at toddler group, normally only 2 and I had to go downstairs to pick 2 of them up and one mum said do you want a hand? The other went off quickly! mum 1 put the bags etc in the car as I knew I wouldn't really need all the bags in the group, it is only an hour long! Then I could keep hold of the 2 lo's and get them in. I often drop her lo off to her at college for her as it is easier but she never assumes. If she picks up from the house she comes in and we have a nice chat. One day this week she came to toddler group and was getting other mindee to hold hands etc with her lo to sing a song etc. As I was trying to coax the other one to join in! It is nice when a parent just gets on with interacting etc!

And cream tea sounds great! think we will al be gatecrashing on your cream tea if you lived nearer!