PDA

View Full Version : Pest control

NicoleW
21-03-2012, 12:38 PM
I have a bloke from pest control coming in at the moment, about 20 minutes.

If they find something I will of course be paying for it to be done over the weekend, do I have to notify parents of anything that was found?

juslh
21-03-2012, 12:45 PM
We had rats so I did say something, but in the same breath as saying it was under control now. Whether you have to say something - don't know. Is it rats/mice for you too?

sweets
21-03-2012, 12:49 PM
ooh what pesky critters have you got?

ive had mice a couple of times, once in the loft and once in the kitchen too :eek:

they were 'seen' to by pest control.

i didnt tell the parents but made sure i took all neccessary precautions at the time.

funnily i never a mouse once, just their evidence they had left behind! lol

NicoleW
21-03-2012, 01:13 PM
We don't know what we have.

I'm the only person who comes into the house (10 adults and 12 kids in total) to be bitten, on the legs, and torso. The bites are quite deep and have scabbed over.

All animals are de'fl;ead every 2 weeks instead of 4. My bedding, cushions, soft toys, curtains in every single room are washed every WEEK in a 90 degree wash, we only have carpet on the stairs and in two bedrooms but I do hoover about twice a day.
Went to the GP this morning and he is baffled but gave me some antihistamines and cream

francinejayne
21-03-2012, 01:16 PM
We have had mice twice, once in the garage and once in the kitchen. Both times just one mouse (my theory is my cat brought it home as a present and didn't kill it!!!!

I have had pest control out both times.

I told some parents, but not others who I thought might not react quite so well! Everywhere was safe and no-one came to any harm, so I don't see why we have to tell anyone if you don't feel like doing?

Hope you find out what it is!

NicoleW
21-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Well they were here for an hour and a half inspecting the house even the loft and found no signs of ANYTHING at all!

He suggested I put a piece of white paper on the floor tonight with the lights off and put a torch on it, wait 15 minuts or so and we should see anything that we have on the paper