PDA

View Full Version : Work going on in house

rhea26
21-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi, I just wanted to check I can carry on minding as we are having a new handrail and spindles being put in on the stairs and landing, I have ra everything, wont leave mindee on own with workman etc, am planning on being out most of the day till 2 ish then when we get back we can play in garden or living room, so wont be around the building work, but just wanted to be sure I can still mind when its being done, should only be 1 day when I am minding so not on going work?

rosebud
21-03-2012, 08:12 AM
As long as you have risk assessed and are confident that you can keep the children away from the work going on then I don't see why not. I'm having my patio done in a few weeks and won't be taking time off, we won't be able to use the garden so will go to the park instead and when we're home the builders will just have to put up with little noses pressed up against the window watching them!

leeloo1
21-03-2012, 04:00 PM
You're also meant to email Ofsted with a copy of your RA - as there's something in our registration that says you have to notify them of any changes to the premises. I called them to find out the procedure and then emailed them my RA when we were having new windows put in (and you've just reminded me I need to email them again about the new kitchen we're having put in in a few weeks) and never heard back from them, but at least I'd done my bit. :)

MAWI
21-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Just inform OFSTED what's happening. I had an extension built last year and continued to childmind. I RA everything, sent a copy to OFSTED and that was all they wanted. The work went on for 3 months in the end.

tashaleee
21-03-2012, 09:01 PM
I did contact them when I had a conservatory built... but have never done it for any internal work - just done full risk assessments for everything (and wherever possible try not to have anything done during work hours) :thumbsup: