PDA

View Full Version : working late pros and cons?

mushpea
20-03-2012, 07:26 PM
does anyone work in the evneings ? somone is advertising on childcare for a childminder till 9pm,, I am considering it as I know I am due to loose another mindee due to moving away soon and am worried I wont be able to replace her but am I being too desperate?
how does working that late affect you and your family and do yours sleep in the evenings or are you still running round after them? its for a 1yrold

kel1983
20-03-2012, 07:35 PM
We mind a 2 year old 3 days a week 2pm-8.30pm

The pros - Money coming in, we charge extra after 6pm to maike it worth it, she fits in with what we are doing, her parents are really relaxed about what we let her do after the other children have gone home. There is 2 of us working together so we can still get the dinner cooked and housework done

The Cons - Cant just switch off and have a bath or early night, Its a long day as we start at 7.30am

I'm sure there is more

Pipsqueak
20-03-2012, 07:36 PM
I have cared for a child till 9.30pm/10 ish for two nights a week

It wasn't so bad because I'd already cared for the child and she just 'fit' in with the bedtime routine. She got showered, teeth brushed into PJ's and snuggled in the beanbag or on the sofa and went to sleep.

However it was hard work - i never felt I could relax down as I was still on duty so to speak. My own children felt it impinged upon their family time but not too badly purely because I'd already cared for the child for a long period of time.

Bear23
20-03-2012, 07:52 PM
I do two evenings at the moment till 8.30, good money, but obviously you can't relax. I don't mind it tho to be honest, but i wouldn't do more than two

Tatjana
20-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I've done only upto 7.30pm for a few weeks and hated it, it had a huge impact on our family life....bathtimes, homework, bedtime for my youngest were all affected, hubby also hated it as then the parent would turn up bang loudly on the door (disturbing our lo) and stand there chatting for ages.:eek: Gave notice as didn't want to do it anymore.

muffins
20-03-2012, 08:54 PM
I wont work late, most of mine go home at 6 or just after. I do however offer a babysitting service, I will take them home & become babysitter for £7.50hr. This way it doesnt impact on my DH's or my LO's evenings!